Monday, November 21, 2016

Oh Christmas tree, less is most definitely more!

Good morning and how are you this cold and frosty Monday morning, brrrr!
It is a tad chilly today up here, time to layer up and head into work. Before I go I thought I'd share a card that I made at yesterday's crop.


As you know time is cracking on and Christmas is getting ever nearer.  It is the time of year when I start and envy all of you who have been making festive cards all year through.  Every year I say next year I shall too, but it never happens.
With that in mind I sat at the crop wracking my brains, I need a clean and simple card that is handmade which I can produce quickly in quantities.  This is the card I came up with.

The sentiment is by Waltzing Mouse stamps;  Complements of the Season.
The trees are by Clarity stamps.  I have used  a variety of green Distress inks and my Misti to create the trees, then I have added a wee bit of glitter and a small bit of bling for the star at the top of each tree.
Simples.

I would like to enter this into this week's challenges with the lovely ladies over at the Less is More blog, where the brief this week is vintage.  I think a Christmas tree at this time of year can be classed as vintage, don't you?

I hope you all had a lovely weekend?
Mine was a bit mad with work Saturday and a crop yesterday, on the upside I managed to get 25 of these cards made whilst cropping, making a suitable dent in my Christmas card stash.

Have a lovely day today and if you are out and about wrap up warm.
I shall be back this evening to see what you have been doing over the weekend.
I am looking forwards to a sit down, cup of tea and a wee blog hop later.

7 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant CAS design Erika. I think half my time is spent coming up with the design, after that I can make the cards quite quickly too. You might have been a late starter but you have made a serious dent in your Christmas card pile now, good for you.
Lorraine

Neets B said...

What a great design and fab that you've made multiples. I'm in panic mode as not started making my cards yet, I thought I was late last year but this year I'm even later! Eeeeek!! Love those trees and the font of your sentiment adds to the vintage feel.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a very lovely card, and I love the wonderful design of this and the great sentiment.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How lovely this design is and 25 wow well done

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
thought you would like to see Jan's crochet Rudolf today.
Here is the link.
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.co.uk/

Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautifully stamped and designed Erika and perfect for our vintage challenge at Less is More. Love your crisp and CAS layout and thanks for playing along. Sarah x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous design Erika, love the LIM look, Kate x