Thursday, November 24, 2016

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Good evening, another week has nearly flown by and I really don't know where the days are going.
I've been in work every day this week except today, only for short shifts but by the time I have gotten home and done all the daily bits and bobs, together with odd appointments for one thing and another, the daylight has gone.
Do you get the impression that I love these dark mornings and nights, not!

I did have a treat today spending the morning being massaged.  I have been having a couple of problem areas, old injuries from work which seem to be responding well from the holistic treatments I am getting.
Once home afterwards my treatment I have to admit to being pretty spaced out and even nodding off after lunch.
I have therefore had a quiet day, chillaxing, together with finishing a card for a good friend.  After I finish here I plan going back to my crocheting, which is coming along nicely.
The housework can wait!

I don't know about you but I have certain traditions at this time of year and yesterday whilst doing the weekly food shop I thought it was about time to pick up my first Christmas decoration.
I LOVE poinsettias.


Christmas planning can now commence, I've got my poinsettia in it's rightful place ready.
Do you have a favourite plant at this time of year?

I'm making a list, checking it twice, I going to find out who's been naughty or nice!
What traditions do you have in the run up to Christmas?
I'd love to hear about them.

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, what a lovely plant. I don't have a poinsettia although I love them, I believe they are harmful to cats.
So hard work in retail at this time of the year, so I do feel for you, especially being in M&S, and sounds as if a massage was just the thing for you, have a chilled evening, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a very gorgeous poinsettia.
Sadly I don't have any traditions to report as I have never thought of those as this time of year is always so very busy, but wait this year we are starting a new tradition. We as quite a big family are all going to meet up at a pub a week before Christmas for a get together.
Then the last 4 years we have been to my Granddaughter's for Christmas Day and our Christmas lunch.
Her hubby does the cooking for 8 grown ups and 3 children, and I supply desserts.
Will be popping along to M&S for those.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Ps. Forgot to say yes I do have a tradition I always put lights in my windows, and always have a wreath on the door.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I do love a poinsettia but can never keep them for very long