Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Clean and simple all the way with that happy fella Noel!

Good morning and how are you this Tuesday?
It is a beautiful sunny crisp day here in the north of Scotland which makes a lovely change after the constant rain we had yesterday.
My morning walk along the beach was brisk.  The sea was a little choppy and as you looked out over the horizon you got that early morning tickle in the face that says "wake up sleepy head!"
So much quicker than waiting for caffeine to kick in the system.

Did you have many little ghosts and ghouls guising last night?
We didn't get one.  Much to the delight of my kids who tucked into the basket of sweets and home bakes I'd made.
I guess it's a sign that my kids are growing up although they're quite happy to eat the rewards!
Here are my quick bakes after work.  Rice crispy cakes, always a kid winner and some vanilla cupcakes.  I have added some Halloween sprinkles and spiders to add to the spooky night, even though it was very quiet here.


I also have two pumpkins that were untouched so I think I shall be making a job lot of pumpkin soup later today and I am contemplating having a go at roasting the seeds too.  I do love a pumpkin seed, maybe with a little cinnamon and brown sugar, mmmm.
I will have to see how time goes as I have food shopping and ironing to bag first.  The joys of a day off work.

On to crafting and today I have decided to join the lovely gang over at Less is more again.
The challenge this time is celebrations and festivals.  I have taken this as an opportunity to crack on with some much needed Christmas cards.


This is my first finished card using my Misti.  It is brilliant for multi layering stamps.  This stamp set is by Papertrey ink and is from the Tinsel and tags range.  I loved this Noel stamp but previously hadn't much success getting a good black finish, now I had the ability to re-stamp over my original image again and again I could get a much crisper deeper colour.  It was also then perfect to add the little leaves stamping first in Twisted citron then stamping again the second time on the bottom edges with Peeled paint.  I did the same with the berries using Barn door then Fired brick on the bottom edge.  The I cut the bauble using the matching dies with the Tinsel and tag range, adding a wee bow and a bit of bling.  On the background card I have used my SU chevron die and added black card to the rear.  I did play around with sequins and bling but in the end I preferred the clean and simple finish.
I think I might be making a few of these cards, plus in the set there are other similar stamps.  I wonder which one will be next?

Thanks for popping by today, I hope you have a lovely Tuesday.  I'm away to crack on with my boring old jobs in the hope I get some more crafty time later.  More from me tomorrow, happy crafting to you all.

11 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS Christmas card. Love the design. xx

Esther said...

I love this elegant card! You really have achieved a fantastic depth of black ink for the bauble, and the leaves and berries have a super pop against it. The chevrons add a really classy touch. Thanks so much for playing along in our 300th challenge at Less is More - enjoy your day off!

Barb said...

A lovely card Erika. The misti opens up so many new opportunities with stamps that wouldn't before ... Your cakes look delicious and the pumpkin soup sounds good too. I've just got back from our regular lunch with friends so off to do some cardmaking. Enjoy the rest of your day. Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

We didn't have any Halloween visitors either so our sweets went the same way, lol. Your cakes look yummy and I love the CAS card design too
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Erika, like the CAS style and the colours.
I've thought about the Misti but they are awfully expensive, maybe, just maybe for Christmas.
Cakes look good, Kate x

Carol said...

Great CAS card Erika...I keep humming and harring over the Misti, perhaps I'll just ask Santa for one. I missed my visitors last night and no doubt the regular kids would be disappointed to find an empty house. Carol x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
brilliant Halloween cakes, and such a very lovely card.
A super design CAS card.
The misti sounds wonderful and I think that is going to be my Christmas pressy this year.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That is one stylish and elegant card Erika! The chevron background lends a really contemporary feel to the beautiful bauble and your stamping is super. Misti stamping is great, isn't it? It's lovely to see you playing along in our Less is More 300th celebrations. xx

Sarah G said...

This is a cool and crisp Christmas design, Erika! I love the chalkboard tag and chevron element adds a really contemporary touch. Great to see you at Less is More this week :)

Kathyk said...

Love your LIM card and those cupcakes look amazing too

Kathyk

Pam Sparks said...

Love this card! congrats on the win!