Thursday, November 03, 2016

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Good morning and how are you this Thursday?
It is dreich again here today, which made for a lovely wet walk along the beach this morning.  It really doesn't have the same appeal in the dark, cloudy and wet mornings, which is such a shame.  On the upside we were the only ones on the beach, the dog and I.

A day off for me today before the weekend rush at work.  Things are definitely ramping up for the festive season now, whether we like it or not Christmas is coming, full steam ahead.
Lots of the usual housework and less interesting things I should be doing but I thought I'd start the day with another CAS Christmas card.  This time I am playing along with Pixie's Snippet playground.


Again as on Tuesday I have played with my Misti and stamps/dies and papers by Papertrey ink, Tags and tinsel.  I finally settled on a little teal and red combo and a different twist to using the bauble die.
The wee snowman is a separate stamp to the Merry Christmas circle so I used my old Tombo pens (purely because I have tidied my craft room and now can't find my distress pens.  Argh!
It always happens when I tidy, now where did I put them?!) to colour him in.  Another great benefit of using the Misti being able to come back and add more details.  Now to just rattle a few more off to add to my very small stash of Christmas cards before coming up with another design.

That's all from me today.  I better go and crack on with the boring stuff in order that I can come back to play, I mean craft, later.  Enjoy Thursday everyone, I'll be back tomorrow with an oldie.  Catch you then.

7 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful cas design

Di said...

Great card Erica - I love, love the design. Very CAS as Marianne says - with plenty of impact just the same. Such a sweet little snowman too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Super colour combo and I like the layered papers. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

Another lovely CAS design Erika and those stamps look so versatile. Carol x

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Lovely CAS design! so festive and elegant :)
Cheers
Preeti

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely CAS design Erika, love it, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A perfect CAS design Erika, you are fab at these. Hope you find your DI pens soon, :)
Lorraine