Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Textured spray stains and Watercolour distress, my favourite techniques on the day.

Good afternoon all.
It's the middle of the week again.  Where does the time go?
This morning I have been in the hairdressers, adding a little colour to the occasion!
(Or to be put bluntly hiding the patches of grey!)
I now feel almost human again.  I love that about the hairdressers, you go in looking like a shaggy dog and come out a new woman.  (Or is it just me?)

I'm just waiting for my wee man to come home for his dinner and then we've been invited to go to school this afternoon to checkout the latest class topic.  As I missed sports day, being at work, I shall not be missing this visit.

Today I am sharing my two absolute favourite tags from the weekend, then no more tags, I promise.
Firstly the textured spray stains.


We used a stencil with paste and left to dry before adding spray stains.  I love this stencil, it is on my wish list.  I think it will look lovely done in red and white for Christmas, don't you?
I plan to get it in between now and then.
I do love Christmas crafting but always leave it till last minute and really shouldn't as it is our busiest time at work too.  Every year I say I'll start early and every year I get worse.  At some point I am going to surprise myself and actually start in June and be organised for once!

This final tag is called Watercolour distress and it was my favourite of the day.


You add water after the ink before stamping and you get an effect similar to that of watercolouring, hence the name.  I LOVE this effect and now you know why I bought the stamps I did!

That's all from me for today, a trip to school is now imminent, enjoy the rest of your day and more from me again tomorrow.  x

4 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two more beautiful tags Erika, like you I love that Nordic design stencil and could definitely see that in my stash too :)
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely tags, the butterfly one is gorgeous, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Two more of your stunning Tags, love them.
Sorry I have been missing, we have been on Holliday for the past 2 weeks.
I have looked in and commented when I could.
Patricia xxx

Carol said...

Two more gorgeous tags Erika, not seen that stencil before...perhaps I shouldn't go looking for it!! I had a trip to the hairdresser's on Monday, so new woman here too! Hope you had a good afternoon. Carol x