Monday, June 15, 2015

Shades of blue.

Good afternoon all, I don't know where the morning has gone.
It started so well too.
I got a bit of a fright when I looked at the calendar this morning.  I wish I was better organised!
Four birthdays and three Father's day cards needed asap.  Normally that wouldn't be a problem but I am working the rest of the week, except Friday, which would be too late.  I also have two projects to finish asap.  Yikes.
I'll let you into a little secret, funky pigeon has been my best pal today.  I know it's bad but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet as you can't do everything.  (Secrets of a card maker!)
The cards are still personalised and a couple have photos on so next best thing to being handmade, don't you think?

Did you have a good weekend?

On Friday I had a lovely day off sewing.  One of my two projects I need to finish this week!
I will share when it is sorted.

Our family day out ended up being a bit of a wash out on Saturday as the activity I had planned was outdoors and it rained ALL day.  I did suggest going to see the new Jurassic world film but one wanted to see it and one didn't!
We ended up having a nice lunch out at The Piers cafe in Findhorn.  Nomn, nomn.

Yesterday I had my local crop or crafty gathering and continued with my sewing project.
It's looking good!  That wasn't me who said that, when I went to buy more materials, a chap in the shop came over admiring my work.  I was well chuffed as sewing really isn't my forte.
We had a good giggle at the crafty get together and lots of yummy cakes and refreshments.  A perfect afternoon with like minded friends.

So what to share with you today?
This was my post for last weeks theme over at The Great Scheme of things.  The colour combo last week was shades of blue.  I shared this LO of my youngest enjoying the rain when he was little.


I don't scrapbook very often but it's lovely to catch up with some old photographs. I tend not to follow the trends but prefer to match the LO to the photos. These are photos of my wee man out playing with what was his new umbrella. We sang the song drip, drip, drip little April showers and that is how this LO came about. I have cut the various raindrops by hand after die cutting the words, then layered on top of mirror card, to look like water. The photos I have enclosed in a cellophane cover and added glitter so it looks like rain.
Both my boys were really bad at having fun in the rain when little, I can't remember the number of times I had to strip them in the back of the car after playing in a puddle!  Happy memories.

This weeks colour combination over at The Great Scheme of things is Citrus twist, another cracker so why not join us?

Finally I'd like to give a wee "toot" out to Lorraine of Raineyscraftroom, I mentioned I had liked a charm she had used on a card, after a wee Internet chat we decided to do a swap.  I got my goodies this morning, thank you very much Lorraine.  What a lovely surprise.  I shall be sorting something to return to you this week.  Now what to choose?!

As I mentioned earlier in this post, that's me in work the rest of the week, I guess posting may be later than normal unless I am super organised!  
Have a lovely week.  More from me tomorrow.  

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Glad it arrived so quickly Erika and that you enjoy using the little parcel of goodies.
A lovely layout of your son playing in the rain, a great way to display some happy photo's and memories. Love the raindrops for the title too.
Hope your week goes well at work.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Brilliant project Erika, I just love how you have combined the fantastic photograph with those raindrops!!!
Love it
Patricia x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I specially like the tear/rain drops. hugs from california
bibiana

Carol said...

This is a fab layout Erika, love the raindrops and great photos too. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, I love that little cafe at Findhorn, they do wonderful soup.
Love your page and what brilliant photos of your wee one, he looks a happy wee soul, have a good day, hugs Kate x