Monday, June 22, 2015

Adding a little sunshine and flowers, water colouring style.

Good morning all, how are you this Monday morning?
How was your weekend?
Did you find the time to be a ninja crafter?!

I had a good day at work on Saturday, dare I say ahead of the game, which I have to add NEVER usually happens on a weekend.  Whoop.  It doesn't take much to make me happy at work!
Saturday evening we had a family movie night with chips and dips.  Nomn.  We watched Taken 3, "good luck."  I can't watch any of those films without saying good luck in a slightly dodgy accent.  A great film and well worth a watch, well who wouldn't watch Liam, he has the most amazing voice.
His hair, however, looked a little suspect.  You watch it and see if you don't agree with me?
A bit too groomed for an action movie.  Isn't it funny what you notice?
As for Sunday, I enjoyed a lazy morning reading my book, I've now finished the latest Agatha Raisin book and am back to the Outlander series.  I love crime novels over any other book but I have to admit I am enjoying the Outlander books, being set up here, knowing the sights, names and area really adds to the read.
Hubby was on shift all weekend so he enjoyed a nice Father's day at work, the boys and I took the dogs to the beach and had a lovely walk and then an ice-cream instead.  I know who got the better deal!
The rest of Sunday was taken up with the usual things, getting uniform ready, tea etc.....

On to today and another beautiful summer day here, the sun is beating down, it's going to be a scorcher!
Got ya!
I lie, well, it is the North of Scotland.
A typical summer morning, grey and overcast with a distinct chance of rain.  But I did have you going for just a second or two, didn't I?

Lorraine I haven't forgotten about you I just have a couple of urgent orders to finish with being in work extra last week then I will get things sorted for you.  I plan on having something to you by the end of the week.  x

Today I have another water colouring card for you.  This was a card I made for last weeks colour challenge over at The Great Scheme of things.  Last weeks colour combination was citrus colours but this week is pastels so why not pop over and join us?
My interpretation of citrus....

 

First I have stamped a flower from Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden with Archival ink. I have then used my distress inks to watercolours the image; I have used Squeezed lemonade, Mustard seed, Spiced marmalade, Peeled paint and Crushed olive. After allowing the image to dry I layered on corresponding orange card stock. Direct to the card I have then used The crafters workshop stencil Mini chicken wire reverse to create a background using Spiced marmalade. I have then stamped the sentiment on to cream card, again Stampers Anonymous Perspective, coloured with marmalade and layered onto orange card stock before adding to the card. To finish I have added a bow with cream string on the flower. CAS! 

Did I mention that I am loving these new SA flower stamps?   Mmmm nice.
I'd forgotten how much fun it is to watercolour.  

So what is on the cards today?  
As I mentioned earlier I have a couple of projects to finish and a few card orders.  Then I really must tackle the mountain that is the ironing.  Oh the joys!
It is me or when it comes to the housework and ironing, do you feel a bit like a hamster on it's wheel?
Never ending and SO boring!
I hope it isn't just me or I have just gone even further up on the weird scale, LOL.
Before you think I've truly lost my marbles I shall sign off.  Work again for me tomorrow and Wednesday, will I be organised with an early post or not?  That is the question!
Catch you tomorrow.  

9 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Erika, a lovely water-coloured card today, the colours are beautiful and very summery too. Just as well as there doesn't seem to be much of summer here at the moment, heavy rain interspersed with some sunshine. I intend to make some cards today, couldn't quite get in the groove over the weekend after my holiday but like you I have orders to fulfil and they won't make themselves :/
Please don't worry or rush to send the parcel, I know life is busy with work and family and you don't need to be stressing about that. It's exciting though to receive goodies in the post. I hope work goes quickly for you this week and the hamster wheel turns fast so the chores are done and out of the way :) I don't think you are the only one who feels this way by any means Erika, housework is a pain and soul destroying when as fast as you are cleaning up there are others who are systematically undoing all your hard work - do I sound bitter and twisted now? Best go before I dig myself in to a bigger hole :)
Lorraine

Lau W said...

Hello !!
Summer is here....but rain rain pfffffffffff !!!
love your card, superb design, and love the sentiment !
Have a nice Monday !!
xxx
my weekend was full. We visited my husband's parents in the hospital, and as we live far away, we not see them much. And Sunday, house cleaning, ironing, and as it was not raining, we could enjoy a bit of the garden ouffff, and our cat too! héhé !
;-)

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, well it sounds that you've had a lovely weekend even although you were working.
Dismal day here, so dull and quite cool.
I love your pretty floral card, the colours are so lovely and so well done too. Enjoy the rest of your day, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Hi! Erika, yep!! Summer is here. I have just had to put on a Pure Wool Cardigan!!! I am freezing!!!
Your card is beautiful, loving that Sunfower.
Great colours and design.
Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a very beautiful card.
Love the watercolour effect, and that stamp is great.
I have only used DI once to colour with, and they were so easy to use, and I'm wondering why oh why I haven't done so again.
Must put that right soon.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Your card is gorgeous Erika, a beautiful image and I love the stencilled background. I hate housework with a vengeance...my family have a knack of undoing everything within minutes of me doing it! Carol x

marion said...

Love this, awesome card, lots of hugs, Marion

karenlotty said...

I do envy your beautiful water colouring Lovely card to showcase it too

Hazel said...

Erika, love your card, that water colour effect is great. Thank you for that tip off I will go across to Perth on Friday. As these things are great for baskets. Hazel x