Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Patching up the pieces, crafty style of course.

Good morning all, get me being organised again!
It won't last.
I had so much planned last night after coming home from work but I don't know where the evening went.  I have three projects on the go just now and I managed to finish one.  Such a light weight!
Today I thought I'd show you a picture of the project I started on Friday last week.
Remember I said I had a sewing date?  This is what I started....


I got the material from the States ages ago, if you have visited me for a while you might remember?
Finally I have got around to making a lap quilt for my Dad to take in the motor home when they are travelling around the country.
I am just in the process of quilting it now, then I have to edge it.
Hopefully I shall have it finished for Father's day.  As I have said earlier there's nothing like leaving things till last minute.  I personally find it is the only way I finish something......the pressure!

That's all from me this Wednesday, it's a dull grey day here in Scotland and a little muggy.
A perfect day to be in crafting or at work.  Guess I better get to work first!
More from me tomorrow.  x

6 comments:

Jo said...

Oh wow....love this Erika, something I've always wanted to try but have no idea where to start! I know what you mean about finishing things under pressure.....pretty much the same for me too. Would be so nice if I could be more organised lol.....maybe one day.
hugs Jo x

Carol said...

I admire your sewing skills Erika, this looks fabulous! Despite my Nana's best efforts and inheriting two sewing machines I don't do sewing! Carol x

Patricia said...

Brilliant Quilt your Dad will love it.
You are one clever lady.
Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, what fabulous material for a biking man, I'm sure it's just perfect for your dad, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Erika, your dad wil be thrilled with his lap quilt. It's going to be the envy of his biker friends. Hazel x

karenlotty said...

Your dad is a very lucky man! Yet another skill I would like to try