Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Dripping paint and marbling.

Good afternoon, it's the middle of the day already, how did that happen?
As we speak I have the chimney sweep around cleaning the chimney, why am I singing a certain song from Mary Poppins in my head?  As long as he doesn't start tap dancing on my roof, I don't think it would take it!
We normally get out chimney swept in the summer months, apparently its the correct thing to do too. However, it has still be used constantly of late as the weather had been pants for the time of year, wet and windy very much the order of the last week or so, with brief spots of sunshine.
Come on summer where are you?

Today I have a couple more tags for you, I liked the techniques of this tags using the Distress paints.  Now as I mentioned yesterday I don't have many of the paints really because I already have a whole load of acrylic paints having done ceramics before taking up card making.  This was therefore all new for me.


This tag is Distress paint marbling.  The technique is very similar to yesterday's wrinkle free distress, lifting the paint off the mat onto the tag, it creates another fab background.  As it's the paint and not ink it has a slightly different sheen finish to it.


This tag is Drippy paint distress and would be a great one to do with kids.  Oh they'd have so much fun.  The paint is added to the card, spritzed and then allowed to run with gravity.  I like the grungy effect of this one.
I used the same colours for both tags but they're both so different.

What is on the cards here today?
I am still busy with my crocheting and a couple of card orders and I didn't manage all the housework yesterday, more of that too.  I thought I'd leave it till after the chimney sweep had finished.
(Or I'd be doing it twice.  And that is just a waste of good energy!)
Have a great day whatever your plans, more from me tomorrow.  x

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, your tags are brilliant, love the intersesting colours and marbling, hugs Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Very creative designs on both these tags, amazing how different they are with a slight change of technique causing such a varied effect, love them both.
Housework for me this morning too I'm afraid and then a cuppa with a friend so won't be crafting until this evening :/
Lorraine

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love this technique!c great one,
please check your spam? maybe my emial is there. I sent you today again the email. if it does not get to you can you send me an email again , maybe I have your address wrong?
bye bibiana

Lau W said...

Superb effect ! the both are beautiful !
xxx

Carol said...

Love the effect of both these techniques Erika. Hope you manage some crafty time. Carol x

cotnob said...

These are gorgeous Erika, such fabulous backgrounds.
Pauline
x