Thursday, June 18, 2015

Poppy love.

Good morning, third morning in a row posting before work, I must be coming down with something.
I am normally not so organised.
How are you this Thursday?
Today's card was made for one of my crafting buddies who hasn't been very well of late.  I decided to use one of my new sets of stamps by Tim Holtz Flower garden.


I water coloured the poppy with distress inks Barn door, Fired brick, Vintage photo and
Peeled paint, then I added glossy accents to the seeds and centre of the flower.  The sentiment stamp and surround is by Justrite cling Fancy tags.  Then I have mat and layered on coordinating card stock.
I haven't water coloured for ages and really enjoyed the process, I would love to know more about this technique as I really just go with my gut.

A busy day for me today, after work I'll have the boys and dog to sort, a man mountain of ironing, a step further on my present projects and bag piping classes for my eldest.  Still tomorrow I have a day off so maybe the ironing can wait!
Have a super Thursday, it's grey and dull outside again this morning, I'm glad I'm at work!
I'll catch you again tomorrow, it's Friday so I'd love it if you'd join me in sharing an oldie.  x

5 comments:

Lau W said...

Love poppy ! Your card is pretty, superb !
Grey this morning here, but sun now cool, wind too...pffff !
xxx

karenlotty said...

This is so pretty Your colouring a real awe inspiring triumph Ironing! What's that? We are bathed in glorious sunshine at the moment

Carol said...

Stunning CAS card Erika, love the poppy and you've done a fab job witht he watercolouring. Carol x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, love the Poppy so beautifully coloured.
Hope the ironing pile does not get too much bigger before you manage to tackle it!!!
Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika well your guts right on course as your colouring is perfect, it's a beautiful image and a lovely card, sure to cheer you friend up, hugs Kate x