Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Playing with shapes, Spellbinding Christmas style.

It's the middle of the week already and apart from being in work everyday I have achieved very little here.  On the upside the jam is a hit and has worked well.  I shall share that with you shortly....pity you can't taste it over the Internet isn't it?  A lovely warm scone with homemade jam and clotted cream....nomm!  Now I need to bake but I dare not as I know what will happen, eating fest!

Today's card is even easier than yesterday's. 
I have noticed a trend of late for lots of repeat patterns of simple shapes, it seems in my eyes to be copying the geometric patterns of patchwork quilting.  Or is that just me?

 
I'm still fancying a nice sentiment on the top right but have tried to stick to a less is more approach.  When demonstrating I like to have a whole range of cards from the simple to the more difficult, that way hopefully I can cover different levels and in theory have happy crafter's!
These shapes are from the Spellbinder Nestabilites die Decagons and the sentiment is from Crafty Impressions.  The shapes have been edged with Vintage photo. 
 
We spoke at the demo about the difference in Christmas card making to the normal making of cards.  I for one have a few special cards for immediate family and close friends then I tend to make a batch of LIS cards for everyone else. With this in mind the bulk making needs to be a card that is relatively quick to make, stylish and minimal and don't forget the dreaded postage restrictions.  If I didn't do this then I'd be buying shop bought cards preferring to spend time at Christmas making some presents too. 
Why when I have all year?
I don't know really, I just always find I'm chasing my tail, so to speak and never really get my head down till I really can't do anything but.  Lastminute.com as always with me I'm afraid.
You could say I preform better with a deadline, LOL.  Needs must!
 
Anyway that is all from me today, I have a day off tomorrow and look at the weather forecast.  Rain, rain and more rain.  Isn't that just typical?
Still a perfect day to catch up on some jobs and crafting or maybe even the cinema with my boys. 
Who knows, I think I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings. 
Happy crafting.  x

No comments: