Thursday, August 01, 2013

Embossing your way through Christmas with a Krafty Scottish edge!

Morning, that's a first this week, posting in the morning.  It's my day off and the weather is pants, ain't that just sods law?  Oh well lots of other things to do.  I have my rug to finish and a crochet bag to start plus a list of card requests and that's just the fun things.  With three male members of the family and mum at work the house needs a good old tidy too.  I sometimes wonder whilst the kids are off school why we bother....surely it would be easier to chill and just have an overhaul once they've gone back to school?  That way I give myself permission to craft!  LOL.

My rug so far is coming on well even though it has been left feeling a little unloved for a while.  I have now decided I need more wool as it needs to be longer so fingers crossed a trip to Aberlour wool shop will be productive and that she'll still have the colours I need. 
Now to make a trip to a wool shop exciting for two boys?!  That's going to be a difficult one.
Wish me luck.

Back to Christmas card crafting today and I've picked one of my favourite colour combo....red, white and kraft.  Do you think with the plaid it has a Scottish feel? 
That was my plan.


I have used the same papers as earlier in the week from Papermania together with an embossing folders from Crafts too, Decorations.  I have used Personal Impressions embossing powder Hologram super sparkle, applying Versa mark ink to the embossing folder before running through my big shot.  The powder is then added all over the de-bossed image and heat set.  The edges of my cards have been distressed with my Tim Holtz tool and Vintage photo ink added.  The love tag is stamped with Fired brick distress ink and is from the stamp set by Just rite Live, love, laugh Vintage labels two.  The string and pearls are from my stash.
This design is super sparkly which you don't really pick up from the photo.  It is another good design for mass production at Christmas as once prepared it is quick and easy to repeat.

I guess now I've typed this I better go and get busy with something, maybe I'll start with some jobs then the craft time will be even more enjoyable.  That's my theory anyway.  Have a great Thursday.  x

No comments: