Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spellbinder snowflake dies are the best kind of snow, not cold or wet and great fun to play with!

Morning all, bright and breezy today, for now anyway.  It is a dreich start to the day outside so perfect for a morning in my craft room.  Like I need an excuse!

I have half a dozen bespoke cards to be catching up on today so before I start I thought I'd show you the next card in line from Sunday.


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....!

For this card I have used Sue Wilson's A4 embossing folder Interlocking circles, the new Spellbinder 2013 Snowflake pendant (these snowflakes just get better year on year) together with stamp set Huge snow from Woodware and paper from Dovecraft Back to basics Christmas.  The glitter is Distress dry glitter clear rock candy and bling from my stash.

I have bought some of the woodware "huge" stamps from their recent range loving the idea of paper piecing with them, a great way to use all those little scraps that you can't throw out but don't really know why you keep them.......just in case!  I have draws full of "just in case" scraps especially that really lovely paper that you eventually plucked up courage to use but still have bits left.
Please tell me that's not just me?!   Some paper is just too good!  (Come on you do know what I mean!)
I did have a friend who used to say to me, always buy two sheets of everything, one to keep and one to use.  You haven't seen my craft room but believe me when I say I wouldn't have the space, it's full enough already.

I'm also loving Sue's new range of products.  This A4 embossing folder is a great non generic pattern and a great addition to your craft supplies. 
We chatted about this on Sunday.  Some crafting supplies you just see and love and have to have, rain or shine.  It's a habit but we could be doing far worse, don't you agree?  That is always my excuse! 
The better way to shop is to look and think how much you will use a product, how many different cards you can design, or other ways the product can be used.  This folder in my humble opinion is one of these products that you would use time and time again plus the advantage of it being A4 means that it extends also to box making too.

I could chat away to you all day but it really is time now for me to get my thinking cap on and make a few cards, best pop the kettle on and have a cup of tea too.  Have a super Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow with more.  x

1 comment:

scrappymo! said...

Love this one!
I just bought the FISHING and GOLF huge stamps that she makes. I thought they would be perfect for guy cards...
This one is fabulous...will have to see if my shop can bring it in!