Monday, July 29, 2013

It's time for Christmas, spellbinder style. Am I early or late?!

Hi folks and firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to the lovely ladies who visited me at the Papeterie in Aberdeen yesterday.  I hope you had as much fun as I did and that I've managed to share a few more crafty ideas for you to use at home.  Enjoy your new toys!

The first card from the demonstration that I want to share with you was inspired by an idea from the wonderful Becca Feeken although my card is nothing like hers.  You know when you see something and think "I wonder if that idea will work.......!" 
I think it has but you be the judge.....


For this card I have used Spellbinder dies Jewel flowers and flourishes, Tear drop circles and Splendid circles.  The paper is a 6" pad by Papermania Christmas in the country and bling/pearls by Craft buddy.  The ribbon is from my stash and the "Christmas" stamp is from Paula Pascual's set Large Christmas.  The pain cardstock is the Papeterie's own.  The card is a gatefold 5" square.

I love the way this die interlocks at it closes.  You can see better how it appears once separated below.


Do you get my drift now?  LOL.

I had a super crafty day but driving in the torrential rain was hairy in parts! 

A late post again today as I've been doing some extra hours at work this morning and will be tomorrow and Wednesday too. 
I'm now going to get changed and take my youngest and the pup for a nice long walk in the sunshine along the beach...maybe even stopping off for a yummy ice cream too.
Then it's a hard decision.....a wee bit of crafting or some boring ironing?!  Decisions, decisions!
Enjoy your Monday.  x

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Erika...love the interlocking die...hope your journey home wasn't quite to hairy and bah humbug forget the ironing and get crafting...hugs xxx

Unknown said...

WOW Erika I love this idea, what a great card. The papers are beautiful too, wish I was closer to attend one of your live demonstrations, maybe one day.

The pup will be getting big now, we have rain at the moment so the dogs got soaked earlier.

Wilma x x x