Monday, November 30, 2015

Sparkle and shine in a production line, whatever next?

Good afternoon to you and how are you this Monday?
It is bitter cold here today and a little icy underfoot, actually it is more like an ice rink but as the saying goes "it could have been worse!"  On my walk this morning I looked out over the sea to the North of Scotland and all the hills are white, very pretty, but glad the snow is not here.  Still I did my good deed for the day when I got back from walking and sprinkled salt at the end of the street. If I was slipping other folk would too.

On Saturday I had a quiet morning and started writing my Christmas cards, I am determined this year to be better organised than I am usually.  In the afternoon hubby and I went to see the new Tom Hanks film "Bridge of Spies", a brilliant film, gripping right from the very start.
On Sunday I wrote more cards, finished off all my ironing and then had film fun with the boys.
Hubby had bought the box set of Hunger Games recently as only my eldest boy and I had seen the first two films and he wanted to catch up.  Another great set of films.
I now only have a few local cards left to make and write and most of the housework under my belt ready for me working tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday, with a day out Christmas shopping with my BFF on Wednesday.  I also have the Christmas crop to organise for this coming Sunday, we usually have a longer crop with food and pressies too.
It's going to be a busy week!

I haven't got anything finished to show you today.  I have a couple of bespoke orders that I can't share as yet and a bit of a production line going on my radiator.  See.....


I've also done purple and gold this run.  I will share again when completed.

Is it just me or are you having that time of year feeling?
You know when you are dashing about with little to show for it.
It is only going to get busier.

That's all from me today, I have another bespoke card I must get done today so I better go and get my thinking cap on.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday and don't forget to wrap up warm.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Well done getting ahead with the card writing. I usually like to have mine done by now but the time has caught up with me. I think it's those flaming bugs that slowed me down. Have a good crop at the weekend. Barbxx

Carol said...

Well done you Erika...my cards are sitting on the coffee table awaiting labels being printed and writing, must make a start tomorrow as I want the overseas ones posted this week! Loving the production line, you've made great use of your new goodies. Carol x

Hazel said...

Erika, you are doing well, I think last year you weren't this far on? Glad you have still been able to have fun down time with the family. That's so very important, other things can wait. Sorry I forgot to say that I do love your cards, simple but effective. Hazel X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Your production line cards are coming along nicely by the looks of it and well done you for getting ahead, wish I had been more organised this year. I seem to be running around for others and getting very little done for me, but at least mum has all her cards and pressies sorted now so I can concentrate on mine now.
Look forward to your next post.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Good to get so far ahead with the christmas cards Erika,i too hate the last minute rush, Kate x