Thursday, November 26, 2015

A prickly little Christmas.

Good afternoon and how are you this Thursday?
A day off for me today so I have been beavering around getting caught up with washing and housework.  The dog and I had a lovely long walk this morning, it was quite mild although a little windy.
What have I got to share today?
You know when you get an idea in your head and you think I just have to try that?
I'm sure it isn't just me.
The idea doesn't always convert as well into real life, if you get my drift.
Today I wanted to create a couple of Christmas cards to send abroad for the festive season and I thought that I would like to use the thistle stencil from Imagination crafts, as the card is leaving Scotland.
How could I make the thistle look a little more festive?
Here is my attempt.


I have added some white embossed snowflakes using stamps by Sue Dix for PI, together with sparkle medium Sage green and Amethyst.
I wanted CAS and subtle.
So why am I not totally happy?
Put simply the picture it isn't as it was in my head.  It meets the brief I wanted but I don't know why I am not totally happy with it.
Does this ever happen to you?

I think my brain has just switched off with it being my day off .
I'm obviously not in a creative mood today.  It happens sometimes.  Best I go and get on with something a little boring but productive instead, like the ironing.
I hope you are having a good Thursday?
Don't forget to dig out an oldie to share with me tomorrow.  Happy crafting.

4 comments:

Barb said...

It looks a good idea to me for a Christmas card from Scotland to be sent overseas. Perhaps not how it was in your head but really it looks fine Erika. Barbxx

Lau W said...

This is beautiful Erika ! You wanted c&s and subtle, it's ok ;-),
very very niiiiiiice !
Sun is here this day, super !!
xxx

Carol said...

A lovely card Erika...I think the thistle would be fine on it's own as it's so sparkly. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

This is beautiful Erika, I love the thistle and colours, must have a look at this stencil, could be used for so many occasions, Kate x