Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What are little boys made of? Snips and snails and puppy-dogs' tails!

Good afternoon and it's another beautifully warm and sunny day here in Scotland.
This morning hubby and I had some jobs planned as he was off work so we have been into Elgin.
A trip to the reclamation yard now has me brimming with ideas, new doors and a new headboard for our room but I have been told to sort the boys rooms out first.  Boo.  That's no fun 'cause you never know what you might find!  Scary.
I also managed to get my fleece for the dogs blanket which is now in the washing machine.  I did want turquoise, surprising eh?  But they didn't have so it was a toss up between lime green and bright shocking pink.  Can you guess what I went for?
Guess you'll have to watch this space!

Back to today's crafty make and this was a bespoke card I made last week for a new arrival.


I know a few of you prefer my "spellbinder" style cards but I am loving this simple style just now. The little pram embellishments I bought on line.  I have used Broken china distress ink (my favourite) together with stamp and die cut from Papertrey ink, Framed out, which I have then mat and layered with a couple of scraps.
Less is more!  Or so they say.

I am itching to get back to my blanket today but in all the excitement at the sewing shop I didn't pick up matching cotton thread, still I'm in at work tomorrow so will pop back in.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
Talking of sewing machines, would it be wrong of me to drool over this machine?  Isn't it lovely in the bright red.


Even better look at what other colour it comes in too....Oh my I think this girl is drooling!
How clever and smart is that?
I think I might have to save up my pennies!
Another new hobby, maybe?

That's all from me today I'm away to crack on with some jobs.
Hubby is preparing crabs in the kitchen which he caught earlier today, you don't get much fresher than that.
I think it might be fish and shellfish for tea tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday, work for me tomorrow so I shall probably be posting later in the day.

3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Sweet card!

You are not alone...over and over in blogland, I see a trend toward simpler cards. I think it is very much in fashion!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, it's been lovely here today too, but I'm feeling just a slight chill in the air in the mornings.
Lovely New Baby card, love the CAS looks, colours and little charm are lovely, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Love your wonderul card, simple but oh! So! Effective!!
Wow! Really like that sewing machine., would love one of those.
Hugs

Patricia xx