Friday, August 22, 2014

It's FFFFriday and you know what that means? Come on an share an oldie with me, you know you want to!

Good morning.
I so want to say it in the style of Robin Williams from the film Good Morning Vietnam but it just seems so wrong after he sadly recently took his own life this month.  He was such a fabulous actor and made some truly classic films over the years.
Why is it truly gifted and talented folk seem to have a dark side too, depression is such a misunderstood illness.  Very sad, it seems to have no boundaries, you could have nothing or everything in the world and still be affected.
As a family we have watched a few of his films over the last couple of weeks, the kids loved Jumanji and I watched Awakenings on my own, which is a good thing, I had a few soggy tissues. A great film but so sad.  Mrs Doubtfire and Good Morning Vietnam are other favourites of mine. Such a talent.

How do I move on from that?
I really don't mean to be all doom and gloom today, honest.
The dog and I enjoyed a nice brisk walk this morning along the beach.  The sea roaring and no longer looking inviting, more grey and a tad chilly.  It is looking very much like Autumn is on it's way.  Boo.  It was the sort of morning I like to call a waking up walk!  Do you know what I mean by that?
Let me explain.  I am not the best early on a morning and usually take a couple of hours to get moving.  This doesn't mean I don't get up early and crack on with things, it just means that sometimes, the body is moving but the mind is not yet engaged, so to speak!
Hazel I also have my wee one off today not feeling well, so feeling your pain too!  He is feeling sick but I haven't had any evidence as yet.  Mind you I have it on good authority that a bug is doing the rounds, which seems to be the norm as all the kids go back to school.

On to my crafty oldie to share today, this is in honour of this weekends events in Aviemore, yes it is that time again, Thunder in the Glens.  For those of you not aware the Harley Davidson rally at Aviemore runs August bank holiday weekend every year.  It is quite a sight watching all the Harley's grumbling through the town and lots going on too.  My parents always come up for the rally and we usually meet up at some point with them and their friends.  I'm looking forwards to it. Best I take my camera then I can share some pictures next week.
Back to my oldie and this was a birthday card for my Dad made using the Harley papers by EK Success.


Time to dig out your denim and leathers and rock the weekend away, biker style, after work on Saturday of course!
It will be a busy day at work as it is a Dine in weekend with our rotisserie chicken and steak amongst other delightful choices.  Nomn, nomn.
It only remains for me to wish you all the best for the coming weekend.  I hope you have a good one.  Remember if you are joining me on sharing an oldie don't forget to leave me a message so I can pop along to your blog and share the crafty love!
Catch you next week.  x

2 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
I know what you mean about Robin Williams it is such a sad loss to his fans and of course to his family.
I watched a movie the other day called Old Dogs, and couldn't stop laughing, I think there should be a health warning on such films.
Love your super Oldie great designing, and a fab idea.
I have learnt something today as I never knew about Aviemore on Bank Holiday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, fab card, love the papers and design. Might manage to go down to Aviemore myself to see it.

I know what you mean with the depression, I believe Robin Williams experienced BiPolar too and many sufferers end up taking their own lives. I've lost many clients over the years like this, nothing seems to pull them back from that brink, so sad.

Anyway, I'm playing today, have a great weekend, hugs Kate x