Monday, August 18, 2014

One day to go! All patched up doggy style.

Good afternoon to you all and how was your weekend?
I had a good and busy day at work Saturday and also did a few hours Sunday morning, followed by a crafty afternoon with my pals.  What did I end up making?


It is a work in progress quilt for Holly's basket.  I couldn't resist this material when I went to Walmart in Florida but I didn't know what I would make with it.  I have now decided to make a couple of blankets for Holly, it would be rude not to with the doggy theme running through the cloth, don't you think?
I am yet undecided on whether to have some fleecy material on the back or a towel like material, decisions, decisions.

Today has been a day getting ready for going back to school tomorrow, not a moment too soon in my mind.  My two are bored.com now and driving me crazy, then when you try and get them out and busy they don't want to know....going grey as we speak!
I have most of the uniform and bags at the ready but am still waiting to get Cal's trousers back from my pal who is altering them, my fault, last minute.com as always.
I am also working tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday this week.  Oooo I'm going to be a tired bunny by Sunday!  What a shock to my system and reduced crafting time too.  I'm sure I will make up for it soon.
It only remains for me to wish you all the very best for the rest of your Monday.  Catch you again tomorrow probably later in the day.
Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Shazza said...

love this Erika. Getting organised here too. Don't work too hard x

Hazel said...

Erika a great blankets this is going to be, either backing so would work and washing and drying wise the fleece would likely be better, going by how much their beds need doing? Oh like you I can't wait for tomorrow at least Anna goes then Wednesday for Beth. I might get so e time to myself. Is your son a Calum?? Just with you saying Cal's trousers. Thank you for your lovely comment on my box, love doing these especially if you have something to work with. I.e. What they are into. Yes it's a lot of work in my head to begin with. Tammy getting the sock monkey was a good starting point. Any way enjoy your few hours of peace tomorrow. Hazel x

scrappymo! said...

These colours together are fabulous (they would make a great 9 square card too!

Holly is very lucky to have a Mummy who makes lovely quilts.

I am well...up at the lake again. Bucket loads of company coming...just waiting for a couple...they should be here any minute. They have been to the Blues festival in Salmon Arm (about 45 minutes away). They will stay 4 or 5 days and then we have my daughters coming again with the kiddies.
SIL is off on a guys only fishing trip so the girls and Little Mr P are coming to play! Grandpa has booked a marina slip for their stay and he will take thim fishing and tubing. Hard to say which is the favourite!

Take care...it is a buswytime for you. Kids here don't go back till after the Labour Day long Weekendfirst weekend in September).
They have been out of school since June. Our teachers are on strike so perhaps they will not go back at all as the gevernment seems to be playing hardball. They have not had a raise for the past 2 contracts and public support is with the teachers.

We will go home and help out as their will be additional child minding needed!!!

Crafty hugs
Maureen

ForgedinPaper said...

That material is so cute the blankets will be lovely.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, love your material, and I think a fleecy side would be nice and cosy for Holly.
I,m back tomorrow to work for the next three days boo hoo!!, but needs must. Have a good week, hugs Kate x