Monday, July 04, 2016

An apple for teacher and a well earned rest.

Good morning and how are you this Monday morning?  
The weather here today is cloudy with lots of rain forecast for later, no change then with the children off school then?  
I'm in work today, just for a short shift to clean, which shall make me want to come home and crack on with the housework here too, not!  It is a new system that work are trying and it seems to be working.  I guess the staff will look after the building a little better than contractors.

Did you have a good weekend?
I didn't get to my film as my eldest, the babysitter had other plans, which unfortunately fell through at last minute, by which time I'd nodded off in my recliner.  I guess I was a tad tired after a busy Saturday in work.
I did however have a lovely relaxing day on Sunday, I picked up my blanket hexagons again, it's been a while, so I enjoyed making a few of them whilst getting cuddles from Holly.

Back to today and as you know our kids broke up for the summer holidays last week.  My eldest is still working for the next three but the little one is well into holiday mode.
It doesn't seem to be the thing to send gifts to the teachers at Secondary school but it is something I have always done at Primary.  This was therefore my last year of trying to come up with something original to send in.  This year I had help from my lovely crafty friend Kerry who has a smashing cookie business called The Cookie box.  She will make you the most amazing bespoke cookies but don't take my word for it, click on the link above and check them out.  They are also delicious to eat, nomm, nomm.


She posted them to me, brilliantly packaged so none got broken and I put them together at this end. 
We thought it would be safer if they didn't bang around in the jars whilst in the post.  
"An apple for the teacher!"
My youngest has had three teachers throughout the year, one at the beginning of the week, one on a Thursday and one on a Friday.  
I also wanted a little something for the school receptionist as she is always there at the end of the telephone, very cheerful and willing to help.  I asked Kerry could she come up with something for me and this is what she made.


I love the telephone and the fact she personalised the envelope.  These cookies all fit just perfectly in an 8" card box, as you will see later in the post.
On to the cards.  I kept the cards all the same for each teacher and the secretary with the added benefit of a wee charm which they could used for their keys, handbag or phone.


The printing was done on the computer and the background paper is by DCWV Grade school.  
The notepad was created using the EK Success die and pencil lines with the charm attached with coordinating string.  

The final selection before heading to school.


A big "toot, toot" to Kerry for her assistance this year.  It made the whole experience so much easier for me and the teachers loved them.  

Just before I sign off today don't forget it's the final of The Great British Sewing Bee tonight.  #excitedmuchly.
Who will win?
I quite fancy Charlotte or Jade but I don't think the competition has been any closer than it is this year.  I wonder what they'll be making tonight?
Can't wait to watch it. 

That's all from me today, I better go and get organised and get my wee pooch out for a walk.  
Enjoy your Monday and don't get too wet if you are out and about.  I think it sounds like a perfect kind of day to stay in and craft.     
More from me tomorrow.

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, fabulous teacher's gifts, I'm sure they will be much appreciated.
The sun is trying to come out but it's struggling, Kate x

Cara said...

Those are wonderful gifts and stunning cards. Cara x