Friday, October 30, 2015

It's that time again, sharing an oldie this Friday, crafty style of course.

Good morning, how are you this Friday?
A day off work for me today with lovely plans...ironing, housework, yawn, yawn.  The sooner I get my jobs done the sooner I can craft.
Those of you who join me know the drill, but in case there is anyone who doesn't, today is all about sharing an old handmade project on your blog to show how you have progressed with your crafting.  It can be anything you have made yourself, feel free to join in, the more the merrier.  All I ask it that you leave a wee comment below, purely for my benefit as it means I can visit your blog and see your project too.  Lets share the love of all things crafty.
My project today is a vintage style Christmas card that I made a couple of years ago with one of my favourite dies, the poinsettia.

 
For this card I have used Spellbinder dies Gold labels four and Layered Poinsettia.  The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, the paper is by Docrafts At Christmas, the sentiment stamp is from Woodware Wishing you, with bling and ribbon from my stash.
I think this card has a real Victorian feel to it and I love the black and red together, not normally I combination I would think to do.

That's all from me today, I'm beavering away in the background with the promise of more time to play with my new stash as the reward. 
It is amazing how quick you can work when you want to do something!
It only remains for me to wish you all the best for the coming weekend.  I better go and see if I can find some more quotes to share tomorrow. 
Happy crafting everyone and thank you if you have joined me I really do enjoy seeing your work. 

7 comments:

Barb said...

Morning Erika,
I have visions of you whizzing round like a good un doing the housework as crafting awaits you.

Your card is beautiful. The paper is really pretty and I love the poinsettias. That sentiment is lovely. Yes your card does have a Victorian feel. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
isn't it a pity that we all couldn't be like Bewitched, and just twitch our nose to get those mundane jobs done, and then there would be wonderful time to craft.
I for one hate housework, but needs must I'm afraid.
Great Oldie today it has a lovely vintage look to it.
Love your wonderful poinsettias, and that fab paper.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, hope by now you've got your chores finished and are on to the crafting.
Gorgeous stylish card and super oldie.
I've played along this week, enjoy your weekend, Kate x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, I think I might have deleted my comment so here I am again, lovely stylish card, and a super oldie.
I've played along this week too.
Hope you've got your chores done and are now crafting, have a great weekend, Kate x

Jo said...

Love this oldie Erika, gorgeous colour combo & the poinsettia's are fabulous.
Have a lovely weekend!
hugs Jo x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Erika, beautiful Poinsettias and lovely rich colours - a fabulous oldie share.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

A very elegant oldie Erika, love the rich colours. Hope you got to choosing yesterday. Carol x