Thursday, June 05, 2014

A card in a box....bout time I had a go.

Lately I have seen lots of variations of  "cards in a box" so I thought it was about time I had a go.
It is my mum's birthday tomorrow and as I share an oldie on Friday I have decided to share her card today.
If you are a regular reader you will know that my mum, or Biker Grandma as the boys call her is not your everyday gran.  You are more likely to see her fully clad in black leather on the back of a Harley Davidson motorbike than ever in a skirt and pearls.  With that in mind I will now share her card......


I have used Harley papers, embellishments and stamp by EK Success, fancy tags by Spellbinder, cogs by Tim via Sizzix cut with grunge board and inked with distress metallic stain, SU stamp set Label love with matching die and fire stencil by Crafters workshop with black embossing powder.
The bottom of the box has fire all the way around too and I have distressed all the edges to finish.
The usual Harley colours are black and orange but a couple of years ago EK Success brought out a girly version in bright pink and black, so that is what I have gone with.

It isn't a very girly card but I know she'll love it and be on the phone wanting to know how it is done.

How has your Thursday been?
I was absolutely soaked to the skin walking the dog first thing, and it's still raining....it shall be a man job later this evening.
The the rest of my morning was spent topping up the food cupboards, which so needed replenishing, we can eat again now.
When I got home I noticed that the roof has been leaking in two different places, great news, not.
I guess that will mean I need to find a roofer now and hope the rain stops soon.  If not it will be needing more than a couple of buckets!
On that wet note I am going to sign off, I was going to do so much this afternoon and I've ended up on the computer...must step away.
Back tomorrow with an oldie.  x

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Good evening Erika,
I absolutely love your take on a Card in a Box
Brilliant for any Harley biker.
Hazel, Elaine and I just back from a day away. One place we visited we got soaked, the rest was sunny and warm.
3 rather weary travellers now tired, sitting doing no a lot ... off to bed soon I think.
Hugs from Dalyan, Turkey

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Morning Erika what a great box card I love your idea for a biker. I like it as its different. Sorry I didnt comment yesterday as I had to have my little dog molly put to sleep so was'nt on line.

Debs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant pop up card Erika, your mum will love it as it's so filled with Harley embellishments. Your mum sounds fantastic, a lady biker no less, hugs Kate x

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card in a box. I really should try this sometime!!

Susan xx

Cass said...

fantastic card Erika.Think it'll be perfect for your mum. (my mum used to be a biker chick too.She only rode on the back of my dad's motorbike though) xx