Monday, April 23, 2012

Cake anyone?

I was all ready to post yesterday and join in with SOS over on the Sugar Nellie blog when I got a text.  A couple of my pals Christel and Karen were at a cake decorating class in the morning and knew I wanted to go along.  There was a last minute cancellation for the afternoon and three spaces were available.  Yippee!

To cut a long story short Karen, Kate and I headed out to The Almost Famous Bakery in Forres for an afternoon of fun.
This is what I made.....


We had a ball. 
Step away from the card making and bring on the icing! 
LOL....with the added benefit that you can nibble bits leftover.  We played with butter icing and fondant trying lots of different techniques and colouring. 

I've got a busy week this week with some Wedding bits, card orders and an upcoming demo at The Papeterie on Saturday but once I've sorted that I am going to have another play with some cupcakes...bring on the guinea pigs!
Nomm.
Have a great week.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Yummy yum yum! These look fantastic.

Lau W said...

Oh wow ! So nice and so yummy !!!!
xxx

Shazza said...

they look fab!!!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous cakes, they look so scrummy....

Wendy said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog today... it was nice to have your visit. xx

mixamatoasties said...

They look fab!

I couldn't eat the panda one though as it resembles a panda.... yeah, I know crazy huh. Can't do jelly babies either.

xxx