Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Not normal weekend, I feel like an adventurer!

Hi, how are you today?
I don't normally post our family fun but I had such a good time at the weekend I thought I would share.  As for the video I think we managed to get it sorted, I say we when I really mean that hubby persevered and got there in the end.

It was my little man's birthday yesterday and instead of a party he wanted to go away to Aviemore over the weekend for a few outdoor pursuits.
We had a great time at Loch Morlich kayaking, I think I surprised all the boys by keeping up with them.  I have to admit I preferred my return to base the best as it was downstream and not against the current, a lot easier than trying to go against it.  The actual Loch was a little choppy, it was just like being at sea, not my favourite motion, up and down!
I was very surprised on the day to have enjoyed it as much as I did, I only got a little wet because the boys thought it was great fun to splash me. 
Along the river we were out of the wind and it was lovely, warm and sunny and such a pleasant way to spend a few hours.

My favourite activity of the weekend was the zip lines Alvie Estate.  What fun that was.  I can totally recommend it.  The first one is a little daunting as you step off the platform but there are 15 in total so you soon get into the swing of it.  Literally!


Sorry the video isn't brilliant but we had to really reduce it to show you it.  This is what it feels like.




Apologies for hubby's choice of wording, I thought is was great fun, he was quieter than normal!
I had to stop myself shouting "wee" as I set off.  It would have embarrassed the kids.
The view was amazing and we actually went past a rainbow too.  It was exhilarating and exciting and I can't wait to do it again.
I think I could get this outdoor sports addiction!

Now would you give it a go?

3 comments:

Carol said...

You wouldn't get me up there lol Erika....don't do heights unless I'm standing on something very solid!! Looks and sounds like a fun weekend for you all though and happy birthday to the wee man. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Well done you Erika, sounds as if you all had a great weekend.
I had to watch this on my other search engine as Firefox keeps crashing any videos, something to do with Flash player. I did this once as part of a team building exercise and hated it, come to think of it I hated the team too. Kate x

Cara said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time. The videos aren't playing ball at the moment, but I'll try again later. I totally get what you mean about the weeeee though, I sometimes have to restrain myself when going round roundabouts with Hubby in the car.... Cara x