Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hook, yarn and not at all prickly!

Good afternoon, how are you today?
Bright blue skies today, which is nice but boy there's a nip in the air.  My facial cheeks are still tingling after my brisk afternoon jolly along the beach with my BFF and the dogs.  I think a cup of tea may be the order of the day.
I've had a wee man not feeling well again today and the older one home studying.
For someone not feeling well my youngest has eaten all day!
(The quickest bounce back on record!)
Still with the eldest one home too it meant I could still make my hair appointment this morning.  I now feel lighter and brighter!
Isn't it amazing how a quick trim can make you feel so much better?

I got a crocheting gift from my hubby for Christmas, so I have recently been experimenting with threads and needles.


These are so much easier to work with than the traditional metal hooks and comfortable to use too.
I wanted to make more of my thistle pins and decrease the size a little so out came my cotton yarn and a smaller hook.  This is the first attempt next to my larger original pattern size.


I quite like the new improved size, but I think I need to make myself one in teal!
It must be done.
I made a few of these for Christmas presents, in a presentation box.
I think they'd not only be good for Wedding button holes but also for Burns night or New Year.  What do you think?
And not a prickle in sight!

That's all from me today.
Chores and making tea next, more from me tomorrow.
Happy crafting!

9 comments:

Diane said...

Wow love the thistle pins you are certainly talented Erika.

Hugs Diane

Barb said...

I've not heard of thistle pins Erika but the thistles are gorgeous. Thanks for your recent visits. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

LOve your thistles and the crochet hooks look fabulous, needles and hooks really need to be comfortable so pleased to hear that your new ones fit that bill, Kate x

Lau W said...

I think it's wonderful Erika !
Have a nice evening, and hope you're little man is better !
xxx

Jo said...

These are beautiful Erika. Hope your little fella is ok.
Jo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the smaller size and agree that these would be great for button holes. You are very talented and I'm sure your new hooks will be worked hard this year.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Erika, what a great Christmas present, the new smaller thistle is better, the size is more in keeping with real ones. Oh yes one in teal wil look fabulous. On saying that I still think no matter what size or colour they look great. Hazel X

Juls said...

Your hooks look fabulous .... Such a lovely colourful set!! Love your little thistles 2 xx

cotnob said...

These are brilliant Erika, they are both fabulous but I do prefer the smaller one.
Pauline
x