Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What do a birdie and a light bulb have in common, crafting time again!

Good afternoon, guess that's the morning gone then?
How did that happen?
If you are touch with me on a regular basis you will know that my wee man has been ill off and on quite a lot of late, still trying to get to the bottom of it but it's never just one thing is it?
This morning he had the trauma of having blood taken!
I don't have a problem with this as I have regular checks but to a wee man it was a very big deal, this mornings trip was all about having my best distraction techniques in full fettle!
Constant games in the waiting room and the promise of a quick ice-cream before heading back to school.
The poor dog had to wait for a later walk and was sat legs crossed when I got back.  Mind you the weather is beautiful again today and we've just had a lovely walk along the beach to the next bay.
Washing on the line and everyone else sorted I now have a wee bit of time before the wee man is home for lunch.

Today is my Uncle's birthday so this card was quickly put together yesterday, he is a big fan of golf.

 
A wee bit of tartan by Joanna Sheen, an oval spellbinder to create my green using sticky back felt, a hole punch for my ball and the golf hole and a wee bit of offcuts to create my flag.  "A hole in two!"

It was also my cousins birthday the weekend just gone, whoops, missed it, a perfect excuse to use this light bulb stamp that I bought ages ago but hadn't got around to using (that happens a lot in my craft room!)


This appeals to my sense of humour as quite often I do feel like the lights are on but nobody's home!
(I know you know what I mean, right?)
The stamp is made by Unity Stamp company, I first dabbed versamark on the black card and added Perfect pearls Interference gold to create a background glow.  Then I stamped and embossed the light bulb.  Finally matting and layering on coordinating cardstock.  
Now I know what you are thinking, if you did the glow first with the versamark did that not make the embossing powder stick all over it?  
The answer is yes it did so I used a fine brush to remove all power that wasn't where it should be. 
The next question, why did you not do it the other way around?
I did try that first but found the pearls also altered the silver of the embossing powder and the stamp didn't therefore have a clean outline.  Believe me it is tried and tested the first way worked the best. 
I love the glow of light making it look like the light is actually on which unfortunately at the weekend was not!  
As you move the card because I have used perfect pearls it alters with the light, that is why the card has been photographed at this jaunty angle.

Two cards, totally different techniques, and both very simple to create.

I have some extra Wedding invites to crack on with now and then a couple more cards to sort, then hopefully I will get on to some housework or ironing, can't wait!  NOT.
Enjoy your Tuesday, I'm in work now for the rest of the week but I do hope to blog too, maybe a little later in the day.  
I hope you have the lovely sunshine we have, it is really starting to feel like spring, it almost makes me want to get out in the garden and start weeding!
Steady on girl!!  
That would be a step too far!  x

6 comments:

Lau W said...

Love the cards ! The second is my favourite, wow nice work !!
Hope you're son is ok, and that the ice cream was good ;-)
Happy day my friend, with the sun !
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely cards, the lightbulb stamp is brilliant, no pun intended, Super designs.
I hope your wee fella feels better soon, enjoy your evening, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Brilliant cards Erika, love, love, love the "lightbulb" one thats genius that is.
The Golf one is great as well, simple, does what it says on the card.
Hope you manage to get to the bottom of the wee lads problem. Oh! dear I can just picture him. Our Thomas would have passed out at the sight of his blood filling the blooming tube.
Have a good evening
Patricia xxx

Jo said...

Love both cards Erika but especially the lightbulb one.....brilliant! Hope your little fella is sorted soon.
hugs Jo x

Hazel said...

Erika two fantastic cards, love them both. Poor wee man but it's for his own good as they will hopefully find out what's going on and get him sorted. Hazel x

Carol said...

Two fabulous male cards Erika, love the light bulb one. Hope the wee man is sorted soon. Carol x