Friday, December 19, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, sharing an oldie festive style!

Good morning, back into work again today and tomorrow, no doubt it will be crazy busy and all the customers will be full of festive spirit!
Considering it it the season of joy and peace there are a lot of stressed and angry people about, and it is only set to get worse as we enter the twilight zone next week.
Does it really matter if all the cards aren't done, that the house isn't decorated from top to toe, that the mountain of perfectly cooked food is ready and everyone is on their best behaviour?
Isn't it really about spending time with family and loved ones, whether you like them or not?
I do think half the problem at this time of year is that we are all seeking the perfect Christmas.  The best food, decorations, presents, cards when it should be more about chilling out and enjoy relaxing.
Or is it just me?
As for me I have half of my cards written and sent, all parcels wrapped, a cake still awaiting icing, a house half tidy and and ironing pile a little smaller, that will have to do.
My hubby and kids have plans for the weekend and I have my parents up tomorrow, so it will be a mad dash home from work to whiz around the hoover and put on fresh bedding before they arrive.

Enough of my fun and games, it's Friday again and the last one before Christmas...today I thought I'd share a spellbinding card with you.


I have used:
Spellbinder Nestabilities Grand scalloped circles and
Shapeabilities Holiday tags and 2011 Snowflake pendant.
The sentiment stamp is from Andy Skinners Christmas collection "Simply Angelic".
Papers and brads are MME Loss and Found Christmas.
Glitter from Martha Stewart Crystal course and pearl from K & Company.
Finally finished with Distress ink Vintage photo and ribbon from my stash.

This snowflake hangs in the centre of the card, just for a change!

Sharing an oldie each Friday is just for fun but I'd love it if you joined me.  Feel free to comment as all those who do will also get a visit, sharing the joy of crafting.  It is nice to look back at past work and see how fashion and styles change or indeed if they do!

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best for the coming weekend, I hope your plans for the festive season are coming together, but if they aren't don't stress, Christmas will still happen ready or not!
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely card, great colours and fab design. I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one to have posted late. Just not enough time at the moment, you know what I mean.
Have a super weekend, hugs Kate x

Jo said...

Gorgeous.....that hanging snowflake is stunning! Almost ready here but since my 2 youngest finished school Friday & both came home poorly anything not done isn't gonna get done.....I refuse to worry myself over it!In case I don't manage to pop by before I'll wish you & yours a wonderful Christmas & all the very best for the New Year!
hugs Jo x