Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Shades of grey!

Now that I have your attention....LOL....we did giggle at Inverness when someone mentioned a similar card was "shades of grey" along the same theme which I will show you soon.  Of course the conversation then dropped to the depths of dark grey....I will leave the rest to your imagination!
Here is the card....


For this card I have used Spellbinder Create a flake four and have by passed the cutting phase going straight to embossing.  I have then kept the dies in place and inked around them using Distress ink Iced Spruce....now know locally as shades of grey!  To that I have added one of the small flakes and bling from my stash with the sentiment from Creative Impressions and card from The Papeterie in Aberdeen.

I love going straight to embossing with the added benefit, if you add glitter rather than bling, of a flat card.  Great for mass production at Christmas as less postage costs!

That's all from me today, it's back to What's on your work desk Wednesday tomorrow....mine is still a tip from last week.  No surprises there then!
Have a super Tuesday.  x

4 comments:

Lau W said...

Lovely cad, the charm of Christmas is already well on your blog, love that !
xxx

Kat said...

Gorgeous Erika, I must try that technique. I have the create a flake set but I've only used it to cut out.

I'm dreading the run up to Christmas in the Post Office. People have been narking about the price of stamps since they went up at the end of April. I keep wanting to say "I have to buy stamps too" but I just keep quiet. Sometimes I tell them that mail's dearer in other countries or doesn't get delivered to your house in some countries. Guess it'll soon be time to get out the stripy jumper and the mask so I can rob them. Needless to say I'm all for cards that only cost an ordinary 2nd class stamp!!

Kat xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, i love this card, and since your demo in Inverness iv'e trying to replicate these cards, but I as yet don't have the part I need to emboss dies on the Big Shot, hopefully I'll have that soon. nevertheless I am so inspired by your stunning cards, kate x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Erika.xxx