Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yet more stamping and not of my feet!

Hi guys and it's our first weekend of the school summer holidays in Scotland, yippee!  What will we get up to today....that is the question!
Whilst I am busy having fun with my boys I thought I'd share this 8" card with you.  It's another stamping technique card and is again simple to achieve.


For this card I've used Spellbinder dies Grand Scalloped squares and Shapeabilities ribbon tags.  The stamps are Marion Emberson Birthday Kisses and Find joy everyday.  The gingham card is from the Nitwit range and ribbon from my stash.

This simple stamping technique is done on one square of paper and then you cut the card down into squares once finished.  It is then a case of just matting and layering together.  Simples!
Less is more or so I'm told.
I like the effect of these cards and four squares are quite easy to put together but be warned the more squares you cut up the harder to space them.  Well, that's what I find anyway.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.

3 comments:

Liz Miller said...

I've just been a jaunt up to the new craft shop in Oldmeldrum this morning and saw this lovely card on display. There were lots of samples of your work around the shop which I recognised from your blog posts and I enjoyed being able to appreciate the depth, texture and sparkle on them as this tends to get lost when projects are photographed. Lovely friendly lady in the shop and enjoyed a tea and muffin too. Treated myself to Shapeabilities Fancy Tags 2 after seeing samples of how you'd used them. Happy Holidays
Liz xx

Macpurp said...

oh I really like this! great effect.
love Teen x

Lau W said...

Just wonderful, love your card so much ! You're creative, so creative !
Have fun with your boys !
xxx