Monday, October 17, 2011

Plastic balls!

This is another item that Karen at Papercrafts Boutique gave me to include in a sample for the demo.
I loved it so much I had to buy some for myself.
In fact I believe they were so popular that they sold out which reminds me I must check if she will be getting more.


Now I have to admit that I don't think the above photograph does my bauble justice but that is more because of my abilities taking pictures as a good friend recently told me.
"Oh they're so much better in real life!"
So I'm afraid this is more of a taster instead.

I have used;
Spellbinder Nestabilities die 2011 Heirloom Ornament.
Paper by MME Loss and Found Union Square.
Stickles Diamond and Distress ink Vintage photo.
Plastic bauble.
Thread and satin ribbon from stash.

I think you'll agree the die fits just perfectly inside the bauble.
I have used eight die cuts and folded down the centre gluing together with Glossy accents.
I then added distress ink and glitter to the edges.
As I glued it together I added cotton thread which I used to hang it centrally when closing the bauble.
Finally I added ribbon to hang up and a big bow of satin ribbon to hid all the workings!
Now I've just got to remember to make myself three before Christmas to hang in my dining room.

What am I up to today....
To start with I really need to go food shopping, which I really enjoy NOT.
I did send my other half recently but he came back with such an unhealthy bag of pastries and treats and not everything on the list...
"just follow the list!"
LOL.
Then I will be going to my local craft shop as I have given up looking for black felt to finish what I started a couple of days ago.
Guess what?
I will find it as soon as I come home with more.
Hopefully once all my jobs are done I may get some craft time although I think my kids want to go bowling or to the cinema...
I will have to wait and see.
Have a super Monday and more again from me tomorrow.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Ohh this is beautiful Erika ... I love the idea of a bauble within a bauble.
Something else on my "to make" list again!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Kath Stewart said...

absolutely stunning erika...not the easiest of things to take a pic of...hugs kath xxx

Lau W said...

So beautiful creation Erika, superb !
xxx