Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

If I was only this organised with my own gifts for Christmas.
I loved making this next sample and it really came about by accident,
don't you just love it when you have happy accidents!
I had an idea in my head to make my earlier canvas into a wreath
but as you can see I changed my mind.
I then decided I still wanted to do a wreath with the lovely new Spellbinder flower dies
and set to work.
Karen had also asked me to include a calender of sorts....
which I tend to do each year at Papercrafts Boutique in Elgin.
So here it is...and I hate to admit it but I was really happy with how this came out.


I have used;
Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities die large scalloped circles for the base of the wreath.
For the flowers I have used Shapeabilities Anemone flower topper, Spiral blossom 1, Foliage and Ironworks motif.
Card stock by American craft and MME Loss and Found Union Square.
Calender from Papercrafts Boutique.
Bling from K & Company.
Glitter Stickles red and Distress ink Vintage Photo.

I love these two new flower dies by Spellbinder.
What I found really interesting with the Spiral blossom dies was every time the flower came out slightly different, I love that just like natures garden!
Anyway that's all from me again today,
I'm away to watch the rugby and maybe catch up on some more ironing....
don't you just love Sunday mornings!

3 comments:

Lau W said...

This is wonderful, such lovely flowers !
xxx

Kath Stewart said...

wow erika great idea making a calendar...so you can look at these gorgeous blossoms all year round...hugs kath xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Stunning creation Mrs love love love it

Ali x