Thursday, August 18, 2016

Let it snow! Just not yet.

Good afternoon and how are you this Thursday?
The weather today started off with thick mist and drizzle but that has now burnt off and the sun is out again.  Time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine before all change again for the weekend.

I have been looking at the LIS challenge blog over the last couple of weeks and have made a couple of cards but have not posted them in time.  This card today was for the textured challenge last week.
I had made the card in my head but just not got around to it in person.
On the upside I may have missed the challenge but it is my first Christmas card of the year!
Most unlike me in the middle of August, I'm usually just making the last post at Christmas.


I have used pearlescent black card, the sentiment is white embossed and by Kirsty Wiseman, Many Greetings.  The snowflake die is by Poppystamps inc and I have added a little bling to finish.
CAS all the way.
I would normally use white glitter card for the snowflake design but today I went for something a little different and used some sticky back flocking.  It has real strokable texture to it but is flat enough for posting, a must at Christmas time.

Well, that is all for me today, I'm off to enjoy my lunch in the sunshine and then maybe some gardening or more crocheting outside.  I am saving my housework for later when it cools down a bit.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday, time again for an oldie tomorrow, where does the week go?

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well done on starting your Christmas cards Erika, you'll be thankful nearer the Big Day. A lovely CAS design and your card choice and flocking adds a lovely touch of interest too.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, gorgeous card and lovely colour theme.
More breezy today, and feels more humid. Sitting outside at Milo's home typing this, whilst he plays with a washing bucket, love it Kate x

Barb said...

A lovely card Erika. That die is on my wish list and I love the sentiment. Like you I have usually finished my Christmas cards by now. This year I've only done a handful. I'm also saving my housework ..... Barbxx

Lau W said...

Oh such a lovely card !
Big hugs Erika ! xx

Juls said...

No please no snow ... Actually enjoy our Scottish summer .. All 3 days of it :-) ... Your card is gorgeous tho!! Xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very stylish and classy