Monday, January 12, 2015

CAS all the way, time for a little crafting! Early or late, what do you think?

Good morning and how the devil are you this Monday?
Bright blue skies here this morning but it was a tad breezy on our beach walk earlier, brrrr!
On the upside my ball throwing skills were amazing today, with the wind behind me all the way.  :)

How was your weekend?
I had a very busy day at work Saturday, now all the Christmas temporary staff have gone the place is very quiet, except for the customers.  It was a dine in weekend so a busy day all round followed by a quiet night and a wee glass of vino.
We had a power cut too on Saturday whilst I was at work.  I didn't envy my husband at home with the boys and no WIFI!
They managed and it was all back to normal by the time I got home, unlike a few of our neighbours.

We had planned going to our neighbouring village to watch them bring in the New Year, clavey style, but the weather was so cold and windy we decided it wasn't really a good idea.
The burning of the clavey is to welcome in the New Year, picking up a piece is said to bring you good luck, trying not to burn yourself in the process.   It is quite something to watch and the partying goes well into the following day.

On Sunday we had our monthly crafty gathering or crop, just a few of us this month with some off on holiday, ill or busy with other things.  I had a good afternoon making 8 cards, happy with that.  Mind you they were all the same design, to keep things simple, nobody will know, if you don't tell them!
CAS all the way for me at the moment with good use of my Stick it again, gosh I love this product.


I have used Spellbinder dies 2013 Snowflake and oval, Stickles diamond glitter, rain stones, Waltzingmouse stamps Compliments of the season and bazzill card stock.  Not forgetting my stick it which makes glittering a delight although my friends did tell me I was sparkling for the rest of the day, like a vampire!

I bet you are now all thinking, get Erika, Mrs Organised, starting early with her Christmas cards for next year.  I wish I could tell you that my wish to be organised was working this year and that I am ahead of the game but unfortunately it is quite the opposite.  Let me explain....with working more hours up to Christmas and not feeling well I kind of missed a few key people off my Christmas card list.  I missed last postage day.  So I thought rather than it arriving late, why not send a Happy New Year card instead?
It would be a surprise if nothing else!
Unfortunately even though I have rather a few stamps, could I find one saying Happy New Year?
I do have one somewhere but it was hiding in my very clean and tidy craft room, I wish.  It must be with my guilding flakes because I couldn't find them either.
I so need to tidy my room.  Gulp!  Who knows what I might find!

That's all from me today, I have some Wedding samples to crack on with and some bespoke cards followed by another trip to the dentist later.
I'm in work again tomorrow and Wednesday but hopefully I will also have something to share with you too.
Have a super day, catch you soon.  x

5 comments:

Patricia said...

What an absolutely brilliant design, another I might just have to use.
I am using your Butterfly design for my 1st Card Class of 2015.
Now a wee question will you remember where you place these beauties for "safe keeping"
Have a good day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

You cards are lovely Erika, simple but very effective.
Snowing off and on here, dark and bright, wish it would make up it's mind, hugs Kate x

Diane said...

What fabulous clever designs Erika.

Happy New Year

Diane

Hazel said...

Brilliant design, just love them. Hazel x

Kirsti said...

These are lovely. Love the coloured card. Happy New Year to you all. Xx