Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What a difference a day makes!

Afternoon all and it's a dreich day here, grey, wet and windy, yeuk, not nice at all.  The dog walk along the beach today not quite as much fun as we both came back a little wet and bedraggled.  It's on days like this that I firmly believe that my hubby should do the dog walking!  LOL.

Food shopping done plus some housework it's now time to update my blog. Today I have a bespoke card made last week for a 70th birthday, the brief being.....pastel colours, a5 with some flowers.
This is what I came up with.


The paper is by Prima and is called Jack and Jill.

I have some card orders to make and some more jobs around the house to do but it's so cold and wet today I think it might be an evening to crochet in front of the fire instead.  I do love a craft for the winter that takes you away from a cold room to sitting by the fire.  
I'm now working on the backs of my cushions and getting there slowly.  
I've had three new crochet books lately with lots of lovely ideas to try, I just need to add some speed to my hook now.

I'd like to finish today by sending my love out to a couple of good friends who are going through a rough time just now.  Although I don't see you both very often my thoughts are with you at this time.  Take care.  x

5 comments:

Lau W said...

Superb card, sweet and soft.
Here the weather is bad too, my cat don't want to go in the garden : she don't love rain, she don't love wind, like me loool !!
xxx

Patricia said...

This is beautiful Erika, love the big 70 really striking.
Horrible here as well so much rain......... Fields and roads badly flooded.
Enjoy the rest of your day

Patricia. xx

Unknown said...

I do like this card, the large 70 is striking and the jack and Jill paper is great. I thought you were a follower till I when're to see who was my 35th one . Never mind it's only a number Hazel x

Juls said...

Fabulous, very stylish. Hugs Juls

cuilliesocks said...

Good Evening Erika, lovely card, love the large numbers and the colours are fab.
I really must learn to crochet each year I promise myself that I will, maybe this year, hugs Kate x