Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Down and dirty!

Back again today with the start of my work from the demonstration Saturday gone in Inverness.
Firstly I am starting with a bit of grunge...down and dirty...inky...mmm, what else could we use to describe it?!


I saw this idea for a box card over on Shari Carroll's blog, although mine is very different the basic structure of the card is the same. 
This is a 3D card that folds flat to post providing you don't add lots of embellishments.  Whoops!
Then I am not posting it.  :)
I loved getting all inky producing this card but be warned when you wash off the crushed olive it leaves a lovely yellow tinge!  All part of the fun.  LOL.

For this card I have used:
Paper:  Tim Holtz Kraft resist 12" pad, American craft black textured card stock.
Stamps:  Andy Skinner Flight of Fancy and Word Up.
Inks:  Ranger distress inks Crushed olive, Vintage photo and Black Soot.
Spellbinder nestabilities:  Labels 14.
Embellishments:  Tim Holtz Tissue tape, Game spinner and Sprocket gears. 
Wool from stash.

The next card is a redo from earlier in my blog...I know tut, tut, but it does show lots of inking and stamping so is a good technique card for a demo.


Plus it isn't identical at all. 
You can find the instructions to make this style of card here.

This time I used:
White smooth card stock.
Andy Skinner stamps A Stitch in Time and PI Vintage sewing.
Staz-On black ink with Distress inks Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Tea dye.
Button from Tim Holtz range and wool/sewing machine embellishment from my stash.

Phew....did you get all that?
That's all from me today...happy crafting, whatever you are up to.
x

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous makes and isn't it great fun getting down and dirty with TH...hugs kath xxx

Juls said...

oooh I love your box, I just adore sewing images!!! and the red is just perfect!! fabby creation! Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

Hola, I am back. Love what you made for your demo x