Wednesday, June 08, 2011

And there's more!

Another day and more samples for you, so let's get cracking....


This first card is one of my personal favourites from the weekend.
I have used the new "fantastico" distress stain to colour the craft paper and the butterfly....broken china has got to be my most favourite colour just now...I'm a bit of a teal girlie!
The job is done in no time with the bottles of stain, which work like the old style paint daubers but are of course inks and totally matching all Tim's other ranges, great for covering larger areas in super quick time.
Do you think I REALLY like them, LOL....
I'm looking for things to stain!!!  :)

I have used:

Card:  Black textured card from American craft and Tim Holtz Kraft resist (inc butterfly).
Ink:  Black soot distress ink and Broken china distress stain. 
Embellishments:  Tim Holtz Adage tickets, Tissue tape, Stickles Star dust and wire from stash.
Spellbinders:  Shapeabilities Parisian accents.
Punch:  Martha Steward DEP Scroll heart.

Next to a simpler card:


Following a recent trend I always like to include a simple card that even a true beginner could achieve with the correct equipment. 
Having said that there are a lot of us crafters out there who are also following the "less is more" trend of cards, why? 
I think they can look classy, elegant and stylish plus quick to make which means we get to make more!
I have also found the when selling cards, and this is only generally, people who do not craft prefer them.
The photo has made the "heart" quite dark which is not so in real life but I'm afraid that is more down to my photography skills than any other reason.

Anyway I'm starting to waffle so we'll move on to what I used:

Spellbinder:  Small deckled rectangles, embossed only!
Stamp:  Andy Skinner Word up.
Ink:  Black StazOn, Fire Brick distress ink.
Paper:  Cream and TH Kraft resist.
Embellishments:  Idea-ology Fragments and Adornments. 
Red seam binding from stash.

Finally today more fragments for you...did I mention I love these too?!!
One for the men:


This is an easel card that I have used in the past but it showcases the Martha Stewart PATP (punch around the page) sets beautifully.
The main issue I have found with fella crafters and PATP's is that we are in such a rush to get them out and play...the instructions are binned,
 and this is the one product you need to keep them for.
Why?
Well in order for the PATP to work you have to work with certain sizes of paper the edger had to fit within the corners exactly. 
Start with your corners and work along to the middles matching up the patterns on the punch. 
I find that works best for me.
For those with the punches and no instructions the sizes are as follows:
3.25", 5", 6.75", 8.5", 10.25" and 12".
I hope that helps, sorry it's in inches but I prefer them.
Gosh, I'm on my soap box today! 
Better get on to what I have used:

Paper:  American craft textured brown and white, TH Kraft resist (can you see the trend!!)
Punch:  PATP French scroll.
Spellbinder:  Nestabilities Fleur de lis square.
Stamps:  Andy Skinner Words up.
Embellishments:  TH Idea-ology Fragments Square.
And the size of square I used was 5".

Anyway folks that's all for now....as I'm in waffle mode today I better sign off....or you'll be nodding off!

1 comment:

Juls said...

all of these are just fabulous!!! Loving the first cone, love the gorgeous soft colours and the layers!! Hugs Juls