Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Time for a challenge!

Yesterday it was my youngest man's birthday and also my neighbours girls too.
So as I had two birthday cards to make I thought I'd check out a couple of challenges.
The first was for my neighbours girl who likes rock climbing...you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find an image of a rock climber!!
Anyway I finally found this:


Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to Cathy for the lovely MME Penny lane papers, lace and pearls from our recent RAK over on the Sugar Nellie facebook page.  Aren't they just yummy? 
The image is from Bugaboo digital images and is aptly named "Rock climbing".
The sketch is from Card Positioning Systems for this week, many thanks guys for a great sketch. x
My sentiment stamps are from PI mix and match and the image was coloured with copic markers.

On to my next card:


For this card I have entered two challenges...so not like me!!
The first is over on Lili of the Valley and the theme this week is Summer, I love this image named "By the river".  It is so apt with my boys enjoying fishing with their dad....only when the fish are biting mind you!
The sentiment is also from LOTV too. 
String and embellishments from my stash and again coloured with my copics.
The papers I may need your help with as I've been a good girl and used up some scraps!!! 
Again not like me....maybe I'm sickening from something. 
I thought they worked well together!
The sketch is from Sunday Sketch and Stamp blog and is by Donna, thanks for a fun sketch. x
For both cards I have used my Spellbinder nesties round, round scalloped and ovals.

That is what I got up to yesterday in-between baking a chocolate birthday cake and covering it in smarties and loads of chocolate icing!
Plus I had to test it!!  The cake, icing and smarties, LOL.
More cards to make now and a man mountain of ironing....boo, so better crack on, happy crafting to you all.   :)

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute design Erika and great cards. Thanks for joining us at CPS this week.

Lea L. said...

Very cute!! Love the distressed paper edges! Great job with the CPS sketch!!

Wiccababe said...

so are you suffering from chocolate overload? lol
gorgeous cards, and well done on finding a rock-climbing image
Debz
x

Wiccababe said...

Hi again Erika,
had to come back and post this - I came across this image after checking this week's results on the Make It Colourful challenge, and thought how spooky it was to find another rock-climbing ish image http://www.littlemissmuffetstamps.com/ (agent cupcake descending)
Debz
x

Kirsti said...

Lovely cards Erika...well done with the rock climber image...xxx

Sarah said...

What a fantastic image. Love how you've included the metal embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x