Thursday, July 09, 2015

Not at all prickly, crafting nature.

Afternoon all, how are you this Thursday?
It was sunny earlier here but it has now clouded over, a perfect opportunity to catch up with some blogging.

Now remember those thistles I made for the teachers gifts?
A couple of my work colleagues saw my post and asked if I would make one for them too.


This time I matched my box to the colour of the thistles.
Why have I not made boxes like this before?
I can't believe it, not fancy in the slightest but they do the job.

Looking back I showed you some photographs of the local area and mentioned my love of the brilliant yellow gorse.  I mentioned the carpet of bright yellow that drapes my walk down to the beach from mid spring onwards into the summer.  The lovely smell of coconut hits your nose as soon as you walk down the hill to the beach, seen here.


These are the steps down to the beach and you can see the blanket of yellow spreads as far as the eye can see.  This was taking after the first bloom which is the best time to catch it.
The smell is amazing.  In the distance you can see all the beach hutties and Daisy rock in the background.


If only I could bottle the scent and you could smell it, it would take you straight to holiday mode, and I get that everyday in the Spring and Summer, especially when the sun is out.
#lovingwhereyoulive.

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best this Thursday.  My eldest boy is working later but I believe he is going worm hunting with his Dad for fishing too.  I have promised my youngest a bike ride, why?!*  LOL.  It should be fun.
I think we should start with some lunch and see what the rest of the day brings.  Catch you again tomorrow, it's oldie time again.  Is it me or are Friday coming around faster and faster?

4 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

No it's not just you Erika, Fridays seem to creep up on me all the time.
Fabulous pictures of the path down to the sea, what a lovely place you live in, I expect your boys love living that close to the beach.
You have made a fantastic job of those crochet thistles I'm not at all surprised that you had repeat orders and beautifully presented in those handmade boxes too.
Lorraine

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I missed your post on those gift teachers they look amazing...great project
warm hello from California
Bibiana!
Current #TBT Challenge at my blog: "Any shaped card"

Hazel said...

Erika, Friday are coming round to quick, love your thistles, you could be on a winner with these, tourist would love them? You are so lucky with that view and walk! Yes we live out in the country, but I do miss my see view so much? Oh I can smell that wonderful smell.
Enjoy your time with your boys. xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Erika your photos are gorgeous, what a fab place to live, I'd love to live by the sea, with mountains behind, that would be my kind of heaven, lucky you and Holly of course.

I love your thistles, as Hazel mentioned the tourists would snape them up, hugs Kate x