Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tim's 12 tags of 2013, it's February but I'm doing it my way.

Morning, it does feel strange not getting up and going to work.  I little lie in this morning but I did watch a late action film last night, will I never learn as it always leaves me tired.  What a lightweight!
Anyway more importantly today I want to share with you my February tag from Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013.


My tag is not at all like Tim's although I have used the same theme and same background colour combination. 
I do enjoy joining in with these tags, lots of fun getting all inking and boy I love this red!  In your face bright! 
I have adapted the theme to the products I have in my craft room...I don't normally do all lovie dovie but had fun in the process.

I have used Distress stains Festive berries and Fired brick with Distress ink Black soot.  The Toy soldier is from the Christmas Blueprint selection of stamps and coloured with Distress pens.  I have used Grey Coredinations paper with Spellbinder embossing plate "Trendy".  The embellishments are all from my stash and tissue tape has been used for the ribbon.

So what to do today, more crafting if I can get away with it but better have some family time too.  Maybe a long walk with the dog if it brightens up later.
It feels strange not making the journey to the NEC in Birmingham this weekend for the annual Craft show and classes.  I wasn't sure whether I would get time off work to start with. 
It seems strange getting tweets from other demonstrators and fella crafters making the trip....mmm....I do now feel like I'm missing out!  LOL. 
I could have also tied the trip in with a visit to meet my new little niece.  :(
Nevermind, I'm sure I'll hear about all the goings on after the show but it's never quite the same as being there and meeting up with other like minded folk. 
I think I will craft to take my mind off it!

Have a super weekend. 

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, great wee tag, fabulous shade of red.

I'm going to the Birmingham show in November, with two of my blogging friends, never met them, so I'm really excited by that, and I've never been to a craft show before either.

Have a good Saturday and I hope you get some crafting done, kate x

Kat said...

Loving your tag Erika. Love that red.

Have a lovely weekend and hope you get time to craft.

Kat xx

marion said...

Lovely and go your own way, it is the best always hehe. have a fab weekend, hugs, Marion

Juls said...

glad you got to enjoy a lie in!!! Love this tag ... love the music tape ribbon, and yes that red is fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Lau W said...

Oh superb red tag Erika, a very nice creation again !
xxx