Monday, November 26, 2012

A Spellbinding thank you!

I'd like to start today by thanking the lovely ladies who braved the weather to come and see me at The Papeterie in Aberdeen yesterday.
This was the favourite card of the day which did make me smile as it was probably my least favourite.  Don't ask me why, and I know I shouldn't have favourites but I'm glad you all liked it.


For this card I have used Spellbinder dies; D-lites Fantastic Flourish Three, Nestabilities Classic circle, Asian Accents, Decorative Labels One, Tear drop Circles and Decorative Labels Eight.  The sentiment is by Marion Emberson Find joy everyday with pearls from my stash. 

I have loved playing with the new D-Lites dies, oh the possibilities to add accents to cards, scrapbooking and home accents.  I think I might have to play some more!
Remember with these dies to run them through your machine with wax paper before card as it will make removing card or paper so much easier.
It was also mentioned to me that one customer had had trouble cutting with her dies, if it doesn't cut first time, rotate the dies remembering the edges of the machine have better pressure than the centre, pop the die through a second time.  A thin shim of card can also help too if you are still having a problem I find some dies are easier than others depending on the detail.

10 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh so fantastic card Erika, wow ! Solovely dies ! And love red + white !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and fab layout.xxx

Unknown said...

Well Erika, that was well worth waiting for, what a masterpiece. No wonder it was the favourite card of the day. You have created a wonderful card.

Wilma x x

scrappymo! said...

I think this is gorgeous! All the shapes are wonderful but the large one at the back is heavenly!

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Erika, beautiful dies and the white with red is gorgeous, kate x

marion said...

lovely colour combo and such a pretty card made with jummy dies, hugs, Marion

mixamatoasties said...

Wow! That's lovely. I admire your patience at getting all those fiddly bits out without ripping them.... I have zero patience!!

Susan x

Kat said...

Stunning Erika, what a lot of detail. Wish I could have got to your demo yesterday.

I've been eyeing up these new D-Lites dies. May have to give in lol!

Kat xx

Shazza said...

me likey!!

Shoshi said...

Oooh, another spellbinding beauty, Erika! You are certainly using your dies to very good effect. Really beautiful.

Shoshi