Monday, March 12, 2012

Tag you're it!

Before I share with you my tag this morning I want to just mention a little "sweetness" going on this week.


The Sugar Nellie blog this week at 9 a.m. each morning are running a special feature week with the latest Ribonita girls.  Pop on over and see what the design team have been up to.  You won't be disappointed.

Back to today and I have a tag for you;


With this tag I stamped the dandelion and seeds with clear embossing powder from Marion's stamp set "Birthday kisses."  I then added Victorian velvet and Crushed olive distress in to my craft sheet and sprayed it with my mini mister I then placed the tag down on to the inks and moved around to cover in ink.  Dry the ink carefully so not to remove your embossed dandelion then rub kitchen roll over it....it will remain clear.
You can see Tim explain adding ink to a tag technique plus another one I will show you tomorrow here.
I then have taken Walnut distress ink and added around the edge, I also stamped the spots from stamp set "Build a tree".  The grass has been added at the bottom as per previous cards using green distress inks Crushed olive, Pine needles and Peeled paint. 
Time to take 3 fragments and stamp dandelions on then stick with glossy accents to the left top of the tag.  An idea-ology tag "wish" has been covered with ink as has the sentiment "a dream is a wish" (Find joy everyday set) then stapled to the bottom of the tag.  Finally ribbons have been added.
It's great fun playing with the inks in this manner and every tag will be different.  Be warned mind....if you don't like to get messy you won't like it....but to me that's all part of the fun!

2 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the background effects you have created! HUgs Juls

scrappymo! said...

Another fabulous one! You rock the ink!