Monday, March 05, 2012

Get those fingers dirty!

Back again today with more inking.  I would have been on earlier but I had to make a quick stop at the "local craft shop for local people!"
(Another project I'm working on that I needed a few more bits for!)
As for the next card from my demo....here it is;


For this card I blended Distress inks together and masked the sun.  However I started by Distress embossing the foliage from Marion's stamps Find joy every day with Shabby Shutters distress powder.  The sun is Distress ink Mustard seed then the sky is Fired brick, Festive berry, Ripe persimmon, Spiced marmalade and finally more Mustard seed.  All of which are blended together using the distressing tool.  The sentiment is again Marion's stamps On your special day by PI.  The butterfly is from Birds and trees again my Marion which is cut twice and layers with paper from Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper stash kraft resist pad to which I've added a wee bit of Diamond stickles on the edge of the wings. 
Top tip!!  I also realised by swiping the distress tool across the foliage from right to left it created a slight shadow....I quite like the effect....of course I meant to do this and didn't come across by a happy accident!  Cough, cough!

Today I also have the last of my pictures from the Show in Birmingham and it is some work by the lovely Andy Skinner.  I love is mixed media style of work, it's very masculine and steampunky, if that is indeed a word! 
Why not let me know what you think?


He also happens to be a very nice chap and I had a lovely chat with him on both days at the show.  I'm looking forwards to later in the year when he will be up in the area to teach.

Well, that's all from me today I have 13 family and friends birthdays over the next fortnight so I need to actually crack on with those....I don't get away with sending bought cards anymore! 
As well as that I have been asked for some Mother's day cards locally. 
Plus my lovely dad was in hospital last week so I really should do him a Get Well Soon card.  Isn't it bad when you make cards and family are the last to get?!
More tomorrow, happy crafting if you get chance.
Goodbye from a lovely bright and sunny day up here in Scotland.....is Spring finally on it's way?

3 comments:

Juls said...

such a fabulous effect! Love it!! Hugs Juls

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful job. I don't know all the terms you mentioned but I have printed your post and will take it to the scrapbook store nearby that seems to focus more on cards and card making.

They have tons of stamps for sale and lots of scrapbook goodies but there always seems to be one or two people working on cards at the table at the back.

I will get them to show me what I need to buy to get this look (and how to use it).

That mans work you featured is GREAT! I love his style.

Lau W said...

Fabulous colouring, so nice work my friend !
xxx