Wednesday, October 05, 2016

If the hat fits!

Good morning and how are you this 'hump' day?  The middle of the week already.
This is my last day at work till after the children's "tattie" holidays.  I plan to catch up with things at home, a little decorating and hopefully quite a bit of crafting.  That's the plan anyway.
The weather forecast for today; clear blue skies and sunshine.  A nice crisp autumnal day.

Today I have something a bit different for you.  Remember I had a go at wet felting and made a couple of handbags?
My pal who taught me, Helen has been making hats of late and they're so fabulous I had to just give her a wee "toot!"
You can see her other felt items here.



How cool is this hat?
Isn't it fabulous?
Helen was making them at our last crop and I was intrigued as to the process.  There is so much hard work and elbow grease that goes into felt making, she always does such a super job.
This got me to thinking, I love the style of hats worn in the series Downton Abbey, I think I might have to commission her to make me one for the winter.  What do you think?
A plan is afoot and I shall keep you updated.

Before I go I saw this on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and it did make me smile and dare I say LOL so I thought I'd pass on the giggle.  What men don't realise!


I hate to admit it but I think I have used all of the above at some point, fine and nothing are particular favourites of mine.  "Wow" was the one that really made me laugh though.  Do you use any of these deadly terms?  Or is it just me?

That's all from me today, I better go and get ready for work now the boys are packed off to school.
Enjoy your Wednesday folks and I'll be back tomorrow with more crafting.

5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Reminds me of the sorting hat, great colours

Barb said...

What splendid work by your friend. The hat is amazing. It must have taken ages to make all that felt. We have a woman at our club who does it and I know it's a slow old process. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun felting too. Yes - you made me smile again. Have a lovely day doing what makes you happy. Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That hat is fabulous, I love the shape and how the colours blend in to each other.
As for the deadly terms well, I can safely say that I'm familiar with all of them :)
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning hat design, what a clever lady your friend is, the colours are gorgeous.
Yep used them all at sometime, makes me laugh, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oh that hat is gorgeous like something out of Harry Potter.
I can well imagine the work gone into that as they had a program on C&C with felted animals, and the amount of work she was putting into the felting of them was amazing.

Great deadly terms, and so true.

Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.