Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A bit of a book worm.

Good morning all and how are you today?
The weather is pants today, wet and dreich, I'm glad I'm heading into work.  Mind you it would be the perfect day for crafting or the dreaded housework.
I managed to get all my cards and jobs sorted yesterday ready for my busy week ahead.  As I said yesterday, so not like me.
Today I am sharing one of the bespoke cards I have made, I was asked for an 80th card for a gran who is really into her reading.  This is my take on the request.


The books are made using my cricut machine and cartridge Locker talk.  The background paper is by Crate paper (love their quality of paper) and the spectacles are made with some wire.
It isn't a very feminine card but it meets the brief and I am happy with that.

Have you got any exciting plans today?
I'm away into work now to see what today brings.  Then afterwards I have no plans as yet, a dog walk of course, hoping the weather clears as I got well and truly soaked last night.
Then maybe a little ironing or crocheting, my project is coming on.

Enjoy your Tuesday folks, I'll be back later today to see what you have been up to, when I have more time and a nice hot cup of tea in my hand.  Bliss.  It's the simple things in life!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, you can't beat a nice, hot cuppa....not so keen on ironing though! Lovely card Erika, the books look great & those specs are fab.
hugs Jo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love that stack of books cut file you have used here, perfect for an avid reader. A great design too with the red, white and black being very striking.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card for an avid reader Erika, love your design too.
Not a great day here either, guess the Indian Summer is over, Kate x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Erika, a brilliant design - your little glasses are perfect - a super card.
Pauline
x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely card
hugs from california
bibiana