Monday, November 10, 2014

Good morning all, a quick update.

Hello, another week nearer to Christmas, yikes, and what a busy fun packed weekend!
Another super busy day at work Saturday as it starts to ramp up for the festive season, it's coming whether you like it or not!
Then it was the local firework display in the pouring rain!  Great fireworks, shame about the weather as it hadn't been too bad during the day.
We then visited a new neighbour for their housewarming party followed by collapsing on the sofa in a heap.  Bushed.

Yesterday my hubby donned his best bib and tucker for Remembrance parade locally.  My eldest boy was playing in the next town, their marching Pipes and drum band were leading the armed forces on parade.  I went to watch, proud mummy moment!  The band all looked very smart as did the service men and women.
It was a beautiful sunny day but cold, great for marching but not for standing around, it could have been worse!
Hot drinks all round when we got home.
In the afternoon I baked and then had a meeting at work in the evening.  A busy weekend.

I am working today and tomorrow so all quiet on the crafting front, mind you I still have a list of cards which I don't seem to be getting near just now.
I am hoping to get all crafty before the end of the week.

Today's post is all about yesterday, so finally I wanted to let you know my total posted to the British Legion yesterday, £111.50!
I'd like to thank all of you who supported my little crafty poppy make, all the money, I'm sure you'll agree, has gone to a good cause.

I nearly forgot Jenny here is the link to Amy's blog.  Amy is the lovely lady at Creatively Inclined who shared the poppy pattern.  I used Amy's design for the pins and the first part of my large poppy's with a button.  I added a second tier to this poppy by repeating the pattern but adding a layer of double crochet between the circle and the poppy petals.
Of course, it goes without say, sending a big toot to Amy for sharing her pattern.

Enjoy your Monday folks and more from me real soon.  x

No comments: