Monday, November 28, 2011

Crafty day out.

Yesterday I was luck to join Andy Skinner for two classes at the Papeterie in Aberdeen.
I also met the lovely Lindsay Mason who was also teaching,
plus some fella crafters and bloggers;
I hopefully made some new crafting friends too.

This is what we made in our first class.


We concentrated on different paint techniques and ways to create texture, rivets and metal effects.
I really enjoyed all the different techniques that Andy shared with us,
 it was a very relaxed class even stopping for tea and treats! 
(My kind of class!)
We used the new Martha Stewart acrylic paints and Andy's own stamps Flight of Fancy.
I love the fact that Andy carries across products used in ceramics to his paper crafting....
they works so well.
I have a stack of ceramic items somewhere here as it was my main hobby before paper crafts
...time to go full circle and get some out and play again.
Now where did I put them?!
That is the question.
More from me tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

a perfect day erika...sitting chatting and playing with lots of crafty goodies all in the company of the mega talented Andy Skinner..what more could a girl ask for...hugs kath xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Sounds like a fab class....glad you enjoyed it with the gang!

Great creation

Ali x

Shazza said...

awww sounds like a great day x

Macpurp said...

sounds like a fabby day.
love teen x

Juls said...

sounds lots of fun!! Hugs Juls