Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Oh my it's My Mind's Eye!




Aren't these papers lush?
I just love them.
Now I know that at the moment easel cards are all the age so I set to task...
I wanted to make one using my Punch around the Page(PATP) set from Marta Stewart called Cherish.
Now the main question that comes up time and time again with the PATP sets is
once folk get them home they have trouble getting them to work.
As the punches have to work together there are only certain sizes of paper that will work.
When you get your punches there are instructions included
with the sizes of paper that will work and they are:

3.25"/8.25 cm
5"/12.7 cm
6.75"/17.15 cm
8.5"/21.59 cm
10.25 "/ 26.04 cm
12"/30.48 cm

Top tip: When using a PATP I find starting with the corners and work back to the middle of the card
works the best for me plus that way all your centres are the same.

Any combination above should work.
I have used 5" x 6.75" and made three identical pieces.
To fix my easel together I made a small hinge approximately 2" by 1 1/2" and with the fold on the left of the card attached the bottom and middle layers of card together.
I then folded the middle layer on the diagonal and attached the top layer.
I have then decorated the card using elements from the the My Minds Eye (MME) kit together with one of the lost and found brads.
Finally the whole card is brought together with Distress ink Vintage photo
plus I have added a wee bow of red satin ribbon.


For this square card I have again used the Loss and Found Christmas papers.
What I wanted to show is that you can stamp on your patterned papers and not just plain white or cream then colour.
I have also used Spellbinder die labels 14, we have cut, embossed and then stencilled using Distress ink vintage photo. 
The layer behind labels 14 has been cut with the same die but edging around it using a craft knife...this creates a neat smaller boarder. 
Mind your fingers!
The stamp is also by MME Loss and found Christmas and has been inked with StazOn Timber brown.
The strips underneath the label are made using Martha Stewart edge punches Scalloped dots and Cherish.
Finally I have added a cream seem binding ribbon which I've inked with Vintage photo distress pad.


Now on another note I have set a challenge for the Hopeman croppers.
This is the page with thanks to Pagemaps.


With the theme something you did during the summer holidays or something about yourself.

To show willing I have created my own:


With my big adventure from the holidays!
For this layout (LO) I have used:
cream card stock,
g.c.d.studio's papers "ParisNights",
Sizzix die Sewing room by Tim Holtz,
Martha Stewart edger punches Scalloped dot, Cherish and Traditional scallop,
title by American craft Thickers
and a couple of photo corners and brads from my stash.
This challenge will be open until the 2nd of October when we hold the next crop.
I think this is the quickest LO I have ever done!
I know now why my pals like sketches for scrapbooking.

That's all for me today more MME treats instore tomorrow....
I'll give you a clue....
"It's a cracker!"

2 comments:

Cass said...

gorgeous cards Erika.I was looking at that MS punch yesterday but didn't buy it.Bought too many new nesties instead. Love you LO.Ineed to try and get back to scrapping.

Cass xxx

Shazza said...

such a beautiful card Erika, love the papers. Great LO too x