Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sugar Bowl challenge 55

It's that time again, Sugar bowl challenge and this time it is my first sketch so I do hope that you enjoy it.
Here is my take on it:


And the sketch:
And my theme is "SPRING".

I have used:
Papers:  K & Co Berry Sweet range and American craft pink and orange.
Stamp:  Simply Sassy Fashionista and SU with love.
Flowers:  Daisy crazy by Prima.
Leaf punch from stash, stitching on machine and distress with Tim Holtz tool.
Colouring in with copics.

I wanted something bright and colourful to bring us into Spring with a bounce, LOL,
I say this while it is again snowing outside, brrrr!
The daffodils are out and my other bulbs are coming up in the garden....
move on snow and let the better weather and lighter nights commence.....please!
I love this time of year when the nights stretch and the garden starts to come to life...it gives hope that the days will warm.
Notice I say HOPE!!
This year we are going to have a good Summer,
 you heard it here first....either that or I've just issued the "kiss of death"
I "hope" not!

Oh and the prize.....well it is......
wait for it.....
a goodie box full of lovely new stash to make something other than cards with your stamps.
If it is the lovely new stash that Karen ordered at the Trade fair someone is in for a real treat,
believe me,
I was there,
but remember you've got to be in it to win it and it must have a Sugar Nellie stamp on it to qualify for the prize.
Happy crafting and I look forwards to seeing what you come up with.
x



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning lovely lady! what a fabaroonie sketch Erika I really enjoyed this one! I went a wee bit mad with it LOL. Love this Sassy wish I'd got her at SECC now:( Love the cheery colours too....FAB!

Have a great day

Ali x

Pat said...

Hi Erika...first, thanks for the fabby sketch and theme for today's challenge!! And secondly, I am lovin' this card, hon!! The image, of course, is one of my faves! And your DPs, stitching, and scumptious embellies make this the perfect little Spring package!!! Have a great week sweetie! Hugs. Pat Frank

Shazza said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!

Elaine said...

Hi Erika,
Thank you for the lovely sketch, I really enjoyed this one. You can keep it simple or dress it up so it's perfect for anyone to try. I kept mine simple - just for a change ha!

Love your beautiful and bright card.
The colours are so cheerful and just what we all need after the dreary winter months we've had. And fashionista..my absolutely favourite Sassy stamp, so far anyway.

Have a good weekend, it's almost here hurray!

Love Elaine xx

Marion said...

Fabulous card Erica and such a cute image. Love the colour combo and it is a fab sketch.
hugs
Marion

Lilian said...

Erika, your coloring is amazing! Love the card and your fabby sketch! Have a wonderful weekend!

Juls said...

this is too gorgeous!!!! Loving the flowers!! Hugs Juls