Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Before I start today I would like to wish my eldest son a Happy 11th Birthday and thank him so much for waking me at 5.30 a.m. to the call of "can I open my presents now"!
The answer wasn't yes :-) x
He had mentioned a couple of days ago that this year he didn't want a present as such but would rather have something that goes "woof" with a red ribbon around it's neck.  He has been pestering me for a long time for a dog!  So he was in for a disappointing morning when he came down to a guitar.
I had mentioned this to a pal of mine in the school playground and she said "tie a red ribbon to the neck of the guitar and set a match to it......it will soon go "WOOF"!  LOL.
As it was he is thrilled with his guitar as he has only recently started lessons and was equally delighted with the PSP game from his brother that he wanted.  Tonight we will have the usual family chocolate birthday cake and no doubt a thrashing on the Wii!
My husband has arranged for him to go Go-karting with his pals later in the month as a birthday treat so he will have something else to look forwards to.

On to crafting this is my second card from the weekend and it, surprisingly, is for my sons birthday.


I have used Rusty Pickle Pocket Rocket papers and Inkadinkado Rock star stamps.  The edges are inked with Tim Holts ink vintage photos and the colouring is with my copics.  Finally it is finished with a bit of bling although it is difficult to see from the picture.

I also had a couple more photo's from the weekend to share with you.
This one is of Angela doing her "Mystic Meg" impression with her Angel cards, thanks for my reading.  xxx



Pick a card!!
Spot on again this year.

3 comments:

Kirsti said...

Happy Birthday Nathan,..... Cool card - I have only ever used those ones for girls cards (so far)...xoxo

TCake said...

fab card hun.... glad that you had a fab weekend. Tx... hope nathan has a great day.

Sarah said...

LOL at Mystic Angela, and I have to agree, she was spot on with me too.
Love the guitar card, very grungey LOL