Monday, August 17, 2015

CAS congratulations you've done it, what a star!

Good afternoon all, gulp where did my morning go?
In my defence I have walked the dog, and a lovely walk it was too, it's a beautiful sunny day up here in the North of Scotland and the beach was empty again.
I've also had a move around in the garden.  It's all excitement here!
I have moved my garden table and chairs onto my deck and popped my lounging chairs on the patio to catch more of the sun.  I don't know why I did it but I just got the urge and it was well rewarded with my breakfast outside in the sunshine, so typical of the weather as it's the day before my boys are back to school.  You watch we'll get our heat wave now.
I have also been washing more uniform that I had forgotten about, I always get the usual stuff but forget the gym kit situation.  I guess I must work better "lastminute.com" as my BFF always says to me as I run around in a mad panic (she is always super organised), "yes but Erika, you always get there in the end!"
This is very true.
My boys are the same, both have sat this morning doing their homework, six weeks off and it is done the day before going back.

In all the fun and games of having no Internet I have forgotten what I have and haven't shared with you all.  Bet you are glad!
Upon making today's card I am sharing with you I remembered that I had forgot to mention exam results.  We had headed to my parents the day they came out.  My eldest was not impressed as he had not asked for them by email or text, which they can get nowadays, so was reliant on the post which never arrives here till mid afternoon.
My BFF came to the rescue and rang him whilst we were on the road, opening his results and giving him the news over the phone.  He was very happy with his results, he got 4 A's and 2 B's in his National 5 results.  His A's were in Maths, English, Chemistry and French, with B's in Biology and Geography.  Needless to say he was very happy with his results as were we.
My BFF's daughter did amazingly well too getting 6 A's!  Wow.  I had been looking for a congratulations card whilst away and nothing did her results justice so I decided to wait till home.
This meant that I'd have to make one quite quickly so I went with a CAS style and a little decoupage.
Now I am not really a big fan of decoupage kits but I do like to do my own version either with stamps or some of my fancy American clip art.  This is what I have done on this occasion.


I do very much feel that this is really cheating when making cards but I liked this cute image.
My clip art is by Pc Crafter, I don't think they are still running now but the used to make some really lovely computer art.
I have produced my card on the computer personalising it and then reproduced the image another 3 times on the same cardstock before cutting out and layering with 3D foam.  I have then added some Glossy accents to the apple and glasses to make them shine, you can't really pick that up with the photograph.  Finally I rounded my corners with punch.  CAS all the way.
The fun part is deciding what you are going to have as the background and working from there plus how many layers you really want to do.
I may not be a fan of decoupage but I enjoy the DIY version now and again for a change, it also gives stamp a whole new dimension too.

That's all from me today, I hope you are getting the good weather too?
I plan on sorting out the rest of the school bits and bobs this afternoon before another walk along the beach.
Back in work for me too tomorrow so better sort my uniform as well.
It will be good to get back into a routine again although I am not looking forwards to the up and out mornings.
I have enjoyed going back to bed with a cup of tea and reading for a short while in the mornings when not needing to be up.  Lazy I know but some days it's just nice to chill and nothing is better than a cup of tea and a good book.

Catch you again tomorrow probably a little later after work, unless I get super organised this afternoon.  Ha, if only!

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika, well done to your son and your friends daughter. Our niece got 6 A's in hers so we were pleased for her too. Love your card, CAS cards are always so lovely. Hazel x

Carol said...

Love this Erika, great image and design. Well done to all on the exam results too. I've got the whole back to school to sort this week as Lora is not now going to college...luckily they don't go back until next Wednesday! Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, super card, and well done to your son and your friend's daughter, hugs Kate x